Well....Im in deep now. I have invested $$$$$$$$ in this hobby several times......found 2 new items today!

JimV

TVWBB All-Star
Well I bet this got your attention huh. But seriously folks....ya gotta pay to play. My hobby spend is getting up there a bit.....I mean it all started as a greenhorn rookie with some black High Heat that wasnt the Ultra.....that was my first lesson that the Ultra was the gloss version. But since then I have purchased a heck of a lot of crap for this hobby.....its really starting to add up as I dropped another hundo today!
This is all of the same stuff you guys buy....and I know u feel it too. I only make on average between 125 and 175 per flip so I have to get busy to pay for my supplies.

3 HF grinders
prob 20 HF brush cups of diff types
plenty of steel wool
crazy amounts of High Heat Ultra....reg black paint.....quarts of high heat......rollers treys and brushes.....
numerous scrapers putty knives etc
100's of razor blades...nothin like a fresh blade
copious amounts of Simple Green....Mr Clean.....etc
rags rags and more rags
SS hardware and other misc hardware
Crazy binge spending on clearance grates and burners
Binge spending buying out a resto guy that was calling it quits
and on and on and on on on on .................
Not too mention my constant spending on Amazon buying burners bars and ignitors...

Anyway......gotta pay to play blah blah blah

So today I found the Krylon High Heat Max for the first time.....I might be late to the Krylan party but I am gunna give it a try. Good for up to 1200 degrees and dries in 10 min....sounds good to me. I have never been happy with how High Heat Ultra adheres to the grill frames...it is great on a cook box but not on the frames for me.

I also found these rotary scrubbers today. They insert into a drill then you just go to town. I purchased these to see if they might replace some of the steel wool scrubbing under the hood and elsewhere. Will it scratch? I will let u know. I am changing my mindset on flips anyway....I am only doing a resto for a true classic...other grills will just be freshened up.....so if under a hood is spotless but with no mirror finish that might be ok for a flipper. The last grill I sold was a 300 series with knobs on the side...the hood had a black liner. I had the buyer stop by to look at the grill and tell me how he wanted it finished. He asked if I could clean under the hood which I normally always do but w this particular grill and this liner the stuff was really stuck on there....like even the sharpest razor barely got the job done.....so I just took a grinder and a cup brush to it and I was shocked how much punishment the liner could take.....and how nice it looked when I was done. In the end the customer thanked me for cleaning the underside of the hood. It only took me maybe 5 minutes cleaning it that way.

See pics for todays new products

Attachments

• 20210402_170209.jpg
    20210402_170209.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210402_162555.jpg
    20210402_162555.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 37
Will let u know.......I think they will be great for just after the razor blades on the inside of the hood.......

Well I bet this got your attention huh. But seriously folks....ya gotta pay to play. My hobby spend is getting up there a bit.....I mean it all started as a greenhorn rookie with some black High Heat that wasnt the Ultra.....that was my first lesson that the Ultra was the gloss version. But since then I have purchased a heck of a lot of crap for this hobby.....its really starting to add up as I dropped another hundo today!
This is all of the same stuff you guys buy....and I know u feel it too. I only make on average between 125 and 175 per flip so I have to get busy to pay for my supplies.

3 HF grinders
prob 20 HF brush cups of diff types
plenty of steel wool
crazy amounts of High Heat Ultra....reg black paint.....quarts of high heat......rollers treys and brushes.....
numerous scrapers putty knives etc
100's of razor blades...nothin like a fresh blade
copious amounts of Simple Green....Mr Clean.....etc
rags rags and more rags
SS hardware and other misc hardware
Crazy binge spending on clearance grates and burners
Binge spending buying out a resto guy that was calling it quits
and on and on and on on on on .................
Not too mention my constant spending on Amazon buying burners bars and ignitors...

Anyway......gotta pay to play blah blah blah

So today I found the Krylon High Heat Max for the first time.....I might be late to the Krylan party but I am gunna give it a try. Good for up to 1200 degrees and dries in 10 min....sounds good to me. I have never been happy with how High Heat Ultra adheres to the grill frames...it is great on a cook box but not on the frames for me.

I also found these rotary scrubbers today. They insert into a drill then you just go to town. I purchased these to see if they might replace some of the steel wool scrubbing under the hood and elsewhere. Will it scratch? I will let u know. I am changing my mindset on flips anyway....I am only doing a resto for a true classic...other grills will just be freshened up.....so if under a hood is spotless but with no mirror finish that might be ok for a flipper. The last grill I sold was a 300 series with knobs on the side...the hood had a black liner. I had the buyer stop by to look at the grill and tell me how he wanted it finished. He asked if I could clean under the hood which I normally always do but w this particular grill and this liner the stuff was really stuck on there....like even the sharpest razor barely got the job done.....so I just took a grinder and a cup brush to it and I was shocked how much punishment the liner could take.....and how nice it looked when I was done. In the end the customer thanked me for cleaning the underside of the hood. It only took me maybe 5 minutes cleaning it that way.

See pics for todays new products
3 HF grinders? You only have 2 hands;-)

3 HF grinders? You only have 2 hands;-)
I have two HF grinders and a Dewalt. The dewalt has the 4" wire cup brush in it. One HF has a cutoff wheel in it and the other has a grinder wheel in it. The heck with swapping blades/wheels every five minutes. For $10, it is a lot easier to just unplug one and plug in the other.

Ya I do resto's in my garage and in my warehouse shop.....so I have to double up on stuff......I actually have 3 HF .....1 Hitachi and 1 Dewalt.........oh and one Ryobi battery operated....But I do what Bruce does.....3" brush cup on one.....4" brush cup on another....cut off wheel and grinder on another..........They are so cheap I just like to have them locked and loaded. I like the battery operated one for the slower rpm stuff.

Jim, let me know how those scrubbers work on your lid. I have a lid I just started and the inside is going to be a bear to clean down to shiny porcelain. I don't look forward to hours hunched over with steel wool and a razor scraper.

Yep will do......I think we will need to razor the lids but maybe not to the extreme level that we are used to prior to using the steel wool. This wont replace the razor....it will replace the steel wool portion. I got them at Lowes by the way...I think it was $14 for the pack.

I am the worst offender here for accumulating too much stuff...This summer is the beginning of my turnaround (y)

I really like the Krylon paint you mentioned. It does dry fast and seems less apt to run.

I am very interested in those rotary scrubbers, too. Look forward to more updates!

Well to my point I just dropped $93 more dollars which is about $200 for just today. I ordered the 24.5" bars and some 34" burners ...2 of each for the next grills in order.
Did u guys know to enter Stanbroil into the search engine for Amazon? This is a huge $$$$$ saver. So I was searching for the rare birds the 24.5" bars.....I searched under the Weber name for 30 min then gave up after seeing so many for 35 to 40 bucks....then I used the Stanbroil name with the Weber item #7540 and within seconds I found the bars 16 gauge for 21.99........the bad part is they are not shipping Prime......but for half price I will wait. So try that tip......it works!!!! I also used my Amazon credit card points to save another $30.........If your addicted to Amazon like I am just get the credit card and charge every purchase on it paying it off monthly. 5% is paid back to you in bonus bucks for purchases........its a no brainer assuming you are the type that wont forget to pay it in full every month.

.If your addicted to Amazon like I am just get the credit card and charge every purchase on it paying it off monthly. 5% is paid back to you in bonus bucks for purchases........its a no brainer assuming you are the type that wont forget to pay it in full every month.
I won't forget to pay it off in full every month, I just won't be able to. :rolleyes:

Ha....ya and it hurts....every time I see that Amazon envelope in the mail box I already know what I was guilty of.......grill parts.....lots of grill parts!!!! Thats why when I do sell a grill I thoroughly enjoy seeing money coming back inward.......inward/good...............outward/Amazon/bad

I suppose if a guy took the money from the grills he sells and set it aside to pay the Amazon bill, it would work good. But, when somone lays $300 cash in my hand, it is hard to lock that stuff away.

I would only try those scrubbers on a piece you don't care about. From what I have seen those things do they will destroy the porcelain

Yep I will try them on a flipper just just needs to be clean. As I mentioned earlier the other day as an experiment I used a wire brush cup on a grinder and the inner hood survived with minimal damage.....

Yea Jim, your right about the stanbroil bars. I was looking for 17.5 inch for the 300 series with front control knobs, $16.99 for the stainless steel set. I bought a couple with prime and was shocked at how heavy and thick they were, I reordered another set for my grill that did not need to be replaced

Ha...yes i ordered those for my 300 series flip as well......no brainer.......so odd how if u look long enough and wade through the 30 dollar stuff......deep in the weeds are the hail Mary shots to make us spend before we log off.........

MJ or Jim, do you have a link to those bars. I have a E335 I will probably need a set for.

Back