Weekend Cooks?

Roger P

TVWBB Member
Cooking anything this weekend? I'm doing pork loins on the kettle now, and prepping the WSM for an overnight brisket, which has been rubbed and is sitting in the fridge. It's a flat just shy of 7 lbs. Tomorrow night, I'm doing 2 butts. Saturday, I'm doing ribs. Gonna be a tasty weekend! What are you all Q'ing this weekend?

What temp.do you use for the pork loins.? Do you bank coals on one side and loin on the other,or coals on both sides and loin in the center. I want to try one on my 22 inch performer.Tks Mike

Sounds like you're really getting into that new WSM Roger. Enjoy!!!!

Me? Well it's 19° here with a wind chill of 6°, and snowing to boot. I've got leftover 'Q in the freezer. Maybe I'll think about firing up the bullet next weekend!

wsmsmile8gm.gif

JimT

Nothing this w/e, have to work, but I did overnight 3 eight pound butts for last night. My Father past away earlier this week, and we had a big get together for friends/family to celebrate his life. Everything last night was great.

Originally posted by JimT:
Sounds like you're really getting into that new WSM Roger. Enjoy!!!!

Me? Well it's 19° here with a wind chill of 6°, and snowing to boot. I've got leftover 'Q in the freezer. Maybe I'll think about firing up the bullet next weekend!

It's about 13 degrees right now, and it's going to warm up to 20 overnight tonight. But I need to throw on a couple of Pork Butts for a party we are having tomarrow. Anyone have any suggustions for the cold temp cook?

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clark "Harbormaster" Hodgson:
I'm doing 2 butts over a packer brisket and some meatloaf for my going away lunch next Friday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YOU are cooking for YOUR going away lunch?

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike erdkamp:
What temp.do you use for the pork loins.? Do you bank coals on one side and loin on the other,or coals on both sides and loin in the center. I want to try one on my 22 inch performer.Tks Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did them on the kettle, over a full chimney of lump, direct heat to sear, then to the outside edges. With the lid off the kettle, keep the coals nice and hot. Tenderloins came out great! Didn't end up doing the brisket, as the weather turned nasty. Will put the brisket under the butts tonight.

Back