Wednesday night pizza pie

RGleason

TVWBB Super Fan
Cooked up a quick pizza last night. Cooked up on the performer with kingsford blue and a couple mesquite chunks for added flavor. Placed a full chimney of coals spread out along the edge in a ring for indirect heat and placed the stone in the middle. Cooking time was about 17 minutes. Store bought dough and sauced with tomato paste/tomato sauce combo. Mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, viadllia onion, green peppers, more mozzarella, and topped with jalapeños (so the wife could pick em off). Came out great!

null_zpsd8383dc5.jpg

null_zps66728431.jpg

null_zpsd6cd36d1.jpg

null_zps291d994a.jpg

null_zps13480b7d.jpg

null_zps62ef4d5c.jpg

null_zpsee826514.jpg

Good looking pizza!!
I need to get a pizza stone. Do you have pics of your set up on the grill?

Thanks everyone!

Tony---- sorry brother, I couldn't dig up a pic of my setup. Basically just spread coals in a circle ring on the outside of the grill so there is an empty circle in the middle where the stone goes. Temp in my performer with that setup reads usually 350-400 depending on outside temp and wind.....

Nice looking pie, do you ever worry about your stone breaking with the extreme and sudden heat change?

Well direct means a hotter stone...And if you can pull this off before the top is cooked/bottom burned go ahead. If not a ring is my go to aswell.(i have a few ambers under aswell to speed it up)

Back