Weber Thermometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick M...

I was thinking about getting one of these till I read the reviews at amazon, I have only used a cheap meat thermometer it was ok, i did most of my grilling by feel and well, i am also ashamed to admit i have even had to cut it open a few times. Now that I have a WSM on the way I want to get a decent thermometer, however; the Guru is not in the budget just yet. Any suggestions?

Rick, I don't know what your budget is but you can get a Maverick ET-73 for $50 or so. It is a remote unit so you can take the Rx with you and it will get signals from the Tx at the WSM. There are 2 probes, one for the meat and one to telll you the temp of the WSM. I have one and so do many others on this site! It works great!

Also, for $12-$20 you can get a good instant read therm...or for $80 or so you can get a top of the line instant read.

Just some suggestions, the ET-73 seems to be the first step to the GURU, but, some people are happy with the ET-73 like me with no GURU!!

Here is a link to the Maverick website!!

Hope that helps!

I like that one, looks really nice and a far cry from the 185 for the Guru, what are the benifits to the guru that this one does not offer?

The BBQ Guru is a device that actually monitors and controls airflow thru the cooker, maintaining temperature automatically. People that have them seem to be quite pleased. I, and others, enjoy being a little more involved in the process, even if the WSM makes things relatively painless in its own right.

I 3rd the motion for the ET-73!! I got one about a month ago and it makes the cooks very pleasant. Especially if it is raining or cold, no more running in and out!! Or in my case "rolling"!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Ok, i am definatly thinking ET-73, I will get me a couple el cheapo thermometers to bide my time since i am fairly certian i will not have the ET-73 before my grill gets here.

Great site, I love it.

I know when I ordered my ET - 73 I had it in just a few days. When you get familiar with it's operation you will fall in love with it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug D:
The BBQ Guru is a device that actually monitors and controls airflow thru the cooker, maintaining temperature automatically. People that have them seem to be quite pleased. I, and others, enjoy being a little more involved in the process, even if the WSM makes things relatively painless in its own right. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Mr. Alton Brown at it again.......

Big Al

I have the Weber wireless and the ET73. I have enough probes to cook on both shelves without much hassle. In my opinion the weber works almost flawlessly. no worries about it.

Rick, if you want a cheap meat therm., Target has the Taylor digital meat therm. for less than $10. I use it to double check my et-73 or to check another piece of meat...or to use when checking something from the grill.

OK, I'm sold.

Just ordered the ET73 at the link that benefits TVWB:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000DIU49/thevirtualweberb

I also own the Weber but being able to measure multiple temps remotely would be a really good thing.

Also important are the higher temperatures the ET73 measures. True nobody cooks stuff to 350 degrees but it sure would be nice to measure the lid/pit temperature remotely.

Maybe some kind dependent of mine will get me a guru for father's day......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back