Weber summit 670 propane manifold

Recently acquired a 2008 summit 670 in very good shape almost no rust anywhere. Problem is that it’s natural gas. I’m looking for a propane manifold to buy or trade if st all possible. Also missing the battery tube, and warming rack if anyone has one. Thank you!

Brandon, check the front panel in the cook box where the burner tubes go through the cook box. Make sure there is not rust/corrosion around those holes. If so, that panel will need to be replaced soon and they are no longer available. I just don't want to see you sink a lot of money into the grill to find out is basically unusable.
Also, finding a donor grill for the Propane manifold is probably your best option. You could try Weber C/S but I am not sure they would even sell you one. After market sites might sell them, but they will be pricey. With luck, maybe some here will have one to trade or sell you.
Good luck.

Brandon, check the front panel in the cook box where the burner tubes go through the cook box. Make sure there is not rust/corrosion around those holes. If so, that panel will need to be replaced soon and they are no longer available. I just don't want to see you sink a lot of money into the grill to find out is basically unusable.
Also, finding a donor grill for the Propane manifold is probably your best option. You could try Weber C/S but I am not sure they would even sell you one. After market sites might sell them, but they will be pricey. With luck, maybe some here will have one to trade or sell you.
Good luck.
Yeah I looked in that location and there isn’t a single spot of rust thankfully. I was looking at the manifolds on web sites and saw prices anywhere from like 300 to 400 and don’t want to spend that kind of money especially when I have a Weber genesis gold edition as well.

Brandon. Good to hear that you are doing your homework on the project. I hope you get it back in service at a reasonable cost. If so, it will be a beast of a grill. I rehabbed an S-470 last summer.
Good luck.

Attachments

• 20230620 Summit S470 (1).jpg
    20230620 Summit S470 (1).jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 5
Brandon. Good to hear that you are doing your homework on the project. I hope you get it back in service at a reasonable cost. If so, it will be a beast of a grill. I rehabbed an S-470 last summer.
Good luck.
That looks great! Yeah I hope to get it running for a little bit of cash because it’s way to clean and rust free to let go. Thanks.

Natural gas is extremely convenient, if you are in a house you will stay in for a while this may be a great reason to get the gas line ran out to your patio. But I got extremely lucky with a Summit 4 burner conversion going the opposite way a couple of years ago. I had propane and was looking for natural gas, found a guy on craigslist selling the natural gas version, asked him if he wanted to swap and he did.

Natural gas is extremely convenient, if you are in a house you will stay in for a while this may be a great reason to get the gas line ran out to your patio. But I got extremely lucky with a Summit 4 burner conversion going the opposite way a couple of years ago. I had propane and was looking for natural gas, found a guy on craigslist selling the natural gas version, asked him if he wanted to swap and he did.
Yeah I wish I had a line but I wouldn’t even know how much that would cost. But yeah that’s a lucky situation on your end.

Yeah I wish I had a line but I wouldn’t even know how much that would cost. But yeah that’s a lucky situation on your end.

It depends on how far the gas needs to be run, it could be as cheap as a couple hundred if the gas line for your dryer or something else is close to your patio. Mine was only a couple hundred but I had a handyman do it, plumber would be more.

I am converting my whole home to NG. The conversion is going to cost a bit over $2500 but that includes and extra run for a gas dryer and a run to the back deck and a run to the front deck. The two deck runs are costing me an extra $900. Probably more than I should spend, but I know that having a guy to come out and do the deck runs a year from now will probably cost double that.

Recently acquired a 2008 summit 670 in very good shape almost no rust anywhere. Problem is that it’s natural gas. I’m looking for a propane manifold to buy or trade if st all possible. Also missing the battery tube, and warming rack if anyone has one. Thank you!
Hi Brandon, I have a Summit Propane manifold. Please send a picture of the grill so I can verify whether it’s for the same model

It depends on how far the gas needs to be run, it could be as cheap as a couple hundred if the gas line for your dryer or something else is close to your patio. Mine was only a couple hundred but I had a handyman do it, plumber would be more.
Good luck here getting it done for a few hundred more like with a plumber 5-7 or they aren't going to show up. A permit needs to be pulled and I am not one to trust a handyman to do that job. I think my neighbor looked into it a few years ago pretty sure he was quoted 600 was not worth it to him nor would it be worth it to me.

Its most likely more now still crazy growth in the ATL, I lived in Cape Cod many years ago and I had nat gas loved it although one night in the winter I was grilling some steaks woke up the next morning it had snowed looked out on my deck the grill was actually sitting on flagstone off the deck and it had no snow on it forgot to turn the grill off. :) That is one of the reasons I do a burn off when I start the Silver C not after I am done.

Back