Weber Slide-Aside Lid Holder

John Burns

TVWBB Fan
Hi everyone!

Just doing a little shameless plug for Weber.

We recently added our Slide-Aside Lid Holder to the Weber.com US website. It's a part that's been around for years, but was never sold on Weber.com and has sort of been forgotten over time.

Hopefully, this item will help improve the kettle experience for those without a built-in lid bale, which is currently only present on Master-Touch and Performer models.

This accessory eliminates the need to use the built-in lid hook or putting the lid on the ground (and burning circles into your lawn) and works with 18" and 22" kettles.

You can find it here.

1710433262519.png

-John
#IworkforWeber

Very nice!

Does it hold the lid truly vertical?
I believe so. I'll be honest, it's been years since I've had one in front of me too, but I put in a request for a sample and should be able to tell you by late next week. In the mean time, I think Tim's part should offer a reasonable demonstration of the capability, as we haven't made any redesigns to the product.

I had one on my Premium Kettle and can't say I liked it. Kept catching on the lid and unhooking.

Better than the lid hook or putting on the ground, not nearly as good as the lid bale like on a MasterTouch.

I’ve had one for my Simpsons 22” since getting it as a wedding gift in 2000. Better than not having it, but it pops off regularly, too. Same with the clip-on 4-hook tool holder.

Back