weber rotisserie ring and Cajun Bandit

Ken Mc

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey all, anyone else have any problems with the Weber ring fitting on the CB ? I can make it work using that fireplace door rope, but that's just what I'm looking for. Any suggestions other than buying CB ring as well???

i sold my weber ring after getting my hands on a CB ring.

the difference was night and day.

the weber ring is like running without a lid. wide open.
with the cb ring, i can maintain 250-300

EDIT: i never used my weber ring on my cajun bandit, it was before i had my cajun bandit.

the bandit ring works GREAT on the bandit though.

I hate my Weber ring and stopped using it. Like Troy wrote, its like running without a lid. I will be getting the CB ring as soon as I remember to order it.

I really can't see why everyone gets all bent out of shape over the gaps on the Weber or EZ-Que rings, they never have been an issue for me and I have used them on Kettles/Performer, Drum smokers and the Cajun Bandit conversion without any hassle.

Yes, if I use it on a kettle the temps are going to be higher, but I'm still grilling INDIRECT, so what if its blowing smoke?

If I use the Weber or EZ-Que ring on the Cajun Bandit Conversion I'm still able to maintain steady 225-250* and the smoke escaping through the gaps of the ring doesn't bother my meats-

But then if I use the CB ring on the Performer its lower profile is closer to the heat source, which means.....

If I were to use my dedicated 22" WSM center section rotisserie or the Cajun Bandit reversable rotiss ring I'd get the same amount of smoke blowing out the spit rod cutouts.

I have one of the first Cajun Bandit WSM/Kettle rings and it does not fit on my CB Kettle conversion, which I thought was disappointing, but since it rocks my big Bullet, I'm a happy camper. I beleive CB makes a ring that fits the conversion now.

Personally, I'm thankful Chris Perres is bringing quality products to make the Weber Kettle/WSM more delightful to use.

I really can't see why everyone gets all bent out of shape over the gaps on the Weber or EZ-Que rings, they never have been an issue for me and I have used them on Kettles/Performer, Drum smokers and the Cajun Bandit conversion without any hassle.

Yes, if I use it on a kettle the temps are going to be higher, but I'm still grilling INDIRECT, so what if its blowing smoke?

indirect, yes, but that smoke is from an open flame. Which means you're not getting that nice thin blue smoke - your chunks are on fire.

I found that if I keep the top vent opened completely, and leave the bottom closed, I get 325-350 with two baskets of K (heaping). I shaped my ring a little bit to get the air gaps at a minimum, made a big difference. There's never extra K to save because closing the top doesn't extinguish them after a cook is done. Not that big of a deal, but I was definitely one of the ones bent out of shape over the performance. Mine was a gift from my wife, I mentioned I wanted one but never told her it's the CB that I wanted.

Last edited:

Back