Weber Q1200 maintenance and clean grates

Making ribs went really well with this pan/rack set. 1hr open, 30 mins wrapped in foil and 10 mins back on a rack opened and basted with bbq sauce. All on preheated grill and cooked on lowest temp setting. Probably need to make it longer wrapped to get more "fall of the bone" effect, as these were pretty much "bite" ribs, but delicious.
Washing pan was a bit pain in the ***, but overall great experience, will cook again.
Good looking ribs. Yeah, the pan gets bad which might be why the Australian versions come with the holes and lines cut in them with the trivet on top. You can get them on Amazon, but the pans are disposable versions. I'm thinking about getting a nice metal pan and using one of the disposable as a guide where to drill and cut on the more permanent pan.

1705595895575.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLRB4GQ?tag=tvwb-20

1705595921300.png

For both items the small is the Q1000/1200 and the large is for the Q2000/2200

I use my little Q as a portable and back up. With a 6lb tank for travel. The little disposables are very expensive per lb of gas. It works pretty well and is very handy for the small size. Weber maintains an inventory of parts if things wear out.

Yeah, there is a guy on YT who does all kind of stuff IIRC he calls himself the "Fire Escape" cook or some such thing. And he does all kind of experimentation and different cooks on a little Q. Pretty darn fun to watch.
Not just him, actually. There are few good fellas from all over the world. I am now enjoying what they've already tested.

Good looking ribs. Yeah, the pan gets bad which might be why the Australian versions come with the holes and lines cut in them with the trivet on top. You can get them on Amazon, but the pans are disposable versions. I'm thinking about getting a nice metal pan and using one of the disposable as a guide where to drill and cut on the more permanent pan.

View attachment 85329

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLRB4GQ?tag=tvwb-20

View attachment 85330

For both items the small is the Q1000/1200 and the large is for the Q2000/2200
I already got an aftermarket brand pan/rack set and unexpectedly it seems it's a very good quality. So no regrets for now, and it's for muuuch less$. We'll see how it works over the time, but I feel like it will really last.
My big question is to drill a holes or not, as even without holes it cooks very well. The question is if it will to cook better with holes or not, as now I don't want to ruin that heavy beautiful tray that I just bought)) haha

Last edited:
As long as the tray isn't overflowing with juices or anything, I would leave it as is.
Definitely wasn't overflowing not even close, all juices from one rack of ribs that I posted here just evaporated completely and just left a dry stains on the pan. And I cooked it at lowest heat setting.
Maybe if I cook a pulled pork there would be more juices, but I'm not ready for that on my Q (yet) haha

Not sure if it's allowed or not here, here is a link to my fb page if someone interested in more fun cooks I made on this new to me baby Q:
Weber Q

Last edited:

Back