Weber Grill Restaurant permanently closes at the St. Louis Galleria

The original Weber Restaurant in Wheeling, IL really had some darned good food, and ordering an Irish coffee for dessert was a floor show. The waiter/waitress would wheel out a small Weber kettle with a custom grate holding a pot of Kona coffee, a bottle of Bushmill's, a bowl of whipped cream, a small bowl of brown sugar, some citrus (lemon, I think,) to rim the glass, and a small torch. Rim the balloon goblet with citrus, dip almost a half inch deep in the brown sugar, flame the sugar to caramelize and coat the glass, whiskey, coffee (sugar if requested,) and a dollop of whipped cream on top. This was all done tableside, and it was a treat. Closed, unfortunately.

We had pretty good luck at the Weber Grill in Lombard, IL (there's a beer story from there,) and that one looks like it's still open.

Glad I made it there at least once, even though I wasn't overly impressed.

I had lunch there once. I wasn't super happy with the prices/value. Lots of $$$ for high end bar and grill food. $17 burgers, $5 iced tea and so on. For those who aren't familiar, this particular Weber restaurant is in sort of a bad location and is the 2nd higher end restaurant to close in this same building. I think the first restaurant was a sea-food grill similar to BoneFish.

Back