Weber Genesis Silver C Ignitor?

Madeline

Hello again!

I need help identifying a part of my grill that's started to disintegrated within the firebox. I've watched a video that identified it as stainless steel, so it doesn't last long under high temps. What I want to know is whether I should replace it if it's not giving me any trouble so far. And is it the ignitor? One picture has stainless steel lid on, the other lid off.

Thank you!

Attachments

• PXL_20230428_175412586~2.jpg
    PXL_20230428_175412586~2.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20230428_175426651~2.jpg
    PXL_20230428_175426651~2.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 20
Yes, that is your igniter and collector box which has rotted away at this point. Someone has screwed a metal plate to it in order to extend its life apparently. I had one that was over twenty years old and still worked perfectly even though it looked much like yours. You can replace it if you like, they aren't very expensive and @DanHoo posted a link to a nice replacement above.

Since you said that it's a Silver C...

Don't go and buy a full igniter kit for a C unless you're sure you really need one. They run about $50, but the part you really need can be had for less than $10.

But since we're on the topic... I got a warranty replacement fire box for my Genny, and it came with a new igniter kit. I still have it in the original plastic, so if you end up needing the two-output spark generator, I have one.

Then I looked at your other thread, and saw that you have the older style of side burner with a dedicated igniter.

Now my advice is: Don't buy a two-output igniter.

Since you said that it's a Silver C...

Don't go and buy a full igniter kit for a C unless you're sure you really need one. They run about $50, but the part you really need can be had for less than $10.

But since we're on the topic... I got a warranty replacement fire box for my Genny, and it came with a new igniter kit. I still have it in the original plastic, so if you end up needing the two-output spark generator, I have one.

Then I looked at your other thread, and saw that you have the older style of side burner with a dedicated igniter.

Now my advice is: Don't buy a two-output igniter.
Yes, I have a 2004 Genesis Silver C with the side burner. :)

Attachments

• PXL_20230427_210935147.jpg
    PXL_20230427_210935147.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 5

Back