Weber 320 refurb

DLogan

Anyone who saw my questions about igniters for this model, has already seen these first two pics. I bought this last week for 50 bucks off of FB marketplace. If I were a betting man, I'd say this was a victim of just sitting at a permanent campsite (the seller was also selling a camper and other related items). It appears to have been sitting more than it was used. The inside was disgusting, over an inch thick crud in the bottom of the grill, and it wasn't grease, it was where rodents had been nesting. But, all of the important parts were present, and in reusable condition. The grates, are fairly new, he claimed it was the 4th set, probably because it just sat and they rusted. Anyway, here are the two pics of it as it sat when I bought it.

Attachments

• Weber 320.jpg
    Weber 320.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Weber 320-2.jpg
    Weber 320-2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 11
Today, I finished up the cleaning, of the grill and stand, and painted the bottom of the grill. It's not perfect, but, this is going to be heavily used. My next project, is cleaning the burners, which I believe are original, and in great condition, replacing the igniter, cleaning the valve assembly and knobs, and buying new bolts and screws for both the burners, and valves.

Attachments

• Weber 320restore1.jpg
    Weber 320restore1.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Weber 320restore2.jpg
    Weber 320restore2.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 12
I got the burners cleaned off, and made sure each hole was cleared out. The igniter parts came in today, and they are installed and working great. Finally, I burned off the grates, cleaned them up good, and burned on a light coat of Blackstone griddle seasoning for protection until I start cooking on it. All I have left to do, is get some more catch pan liners, and clean the warming rack. The catch pan that's on it does have some small holes, where it appears to have never had liners used, so, I'll eventually replace it. But, for now, it's solid enough to hold foil or liners, and I can get on with grilling. I prefer charcoal cooking, but, have always kept a gasser for quick after work cooks. I just wanted one bigger than my Baby Q, and better than the flimsy "get us through" grill we bought this time last year. I couldn't pass this one up when I saw it.

Attachments

• Weber q320-3.jpg
    Weber q320-3.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 5
  • Weber q320-4.jpg
    Weber q320-4.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 5
Those aluminum drip pans get those holes quite often after years of use. Grease leaks out of the disposable liners and sits in the permanent pan and eventually eats into it. You might be tempted to use it as is, but if your disposable pan leaks, it will eventually leak out of the regular pan and make a mess. I suggest you replace it probably won't be cheap. Then, make sure you replace the disposable pans regularly.

One thing you can try to extend the life of your existing tray is to "double-up" on the disposable foil pan liners. There are plenty of non-OEM options for buying these foil pan liners at a pretty low price I can highly recommend this brand which I have found to be BETTER than the Weber ones. I use these for myself and Weber ones in my resale grills!

I always double up on the disposable aluminum trays, of course that doesn't stop the bracket that holds the little drip tray from rotting out on my Genesis.

I have wondered about these for our grills. I probably wouldn't want to have to clean them out to re-use them every time, but if they were used with a disposable pan in case it leaked, at least it would make sure the permanent pan didn't get any gunk in it. I suppose a quick wipe and into the dishwasher would take care of any grease pretty simply.

Thought of having to handle and wash them..............................yukko. I will stick with disposable..............thank you :D

Back