Wanted: Cooking grate out of an old Smokey Joe

Hey everyone.
I recently got my hands on a 1983 model 1880 WSM. During the clean up process I determined the cooking grate that came with it is not original. It is, in fact, the cooking grate out of a newer Smokey Joe.
I have a 1979 Smokey Joe and the cooking grate out of it fits the 1880 WSM perfectly. When I measured, the older SJ grate is 13 5/8" and the newer cooking grate is 13 3/4". I know it doesn't seem like much, but it does make a difference.
Do any of you folks happen to have an older Smokey Joe (say a 1979 to 1983) that may have seen better days overall but has a decent cooking grate that you'd be willing to part with?
Let me know!
Thanks in advance.

hey buddy....
is this correct?

grate1.jpg

grate2.jpg

grate3.jpg

...if so, it's yours.

I received the grate from Jim (thanks bud, I owe ya no matter what ya say) but it was still just a wee bit too big. I searched for the Weber p/n for a cooking grate for the new 14.5" WSM. Found one on Amazon for less than Weber was selling them for and ordered one.

Also, kudos to Nicole in Webers customer service department. She did a great job in assisting me with the grate. When she looked at my account, she asked me to verify my name, then said "Wow. You have a lot of grills." I have only registered 5 or 6 because most are too old to register.

Back