Waiting for my 26.75" also....

Like Stuart, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Weber 26.75" kettle, new in box, that I got at a great deal from an individual on the east coast. I've already got several cooks planned to test the grilling and smoking capabilities of this beast. If it doesn't get here by Friday, I'm going to have to wait until next Monday :(

I hate waiting.....

Worth the wait. I've done huge batches of wings, small dinners, smoked ribs and butts. It does it all well. Best grill purchase I have made.

Andy believe it or not the 26er out smokes the WSM imho. Cook a rib in the WSM and one on the 26er at the same time and you be the judge. Since getting my 26er back in early 2010 my WSM has been idle sad but true.

Andy believe it or not the 26er out smokes the WSM imho. Cook a rib in the WSM and one on the 26er at the same time and you be the judge. Since getting my 26er back in early 2010 my WSM has been idle sad but true.

I have found the same thing. I hardly use my WSM now. If you set your 26 up for LNS they are amazing and you can easily accommodate a second rack. I also enjoy having the room for cooking sides while you are doing the main meat dish.
I've also hit 650 degrees with it as well. If I had to have only one BBQ is would be the 26.

Good one Darian!

Is it true that they tend to be kind of "tippy"? I mean do they tend to fall over more easily than the smaller kettles?
I want one, but you guys always make me want things that I don't really need.

Good one Darian!

Is it true that they tend to be kind of "tippy"? I mean do they tend to fall over more easily than the smaller kettles?
I want one, but you guys always make me want things that I don't really need.

They have a repuation of being poorly supported by their leg design. There are a number of complaints about that on various websites including here as well as Amazon. I made my own frame and tables patterned after of OTP.

I have found the same thing. I hardly use my WSM now. If you set your 26 up for LNS they are amazing and you can easily accommodate a second rack. I also enjoy having the room for cooking sides while you are doing the main meat dish.
I've also hit 650 degrees with it as well. If I had to have only one BBQ is would be the 26.

What's your recommended method for LNS on the 26. Do use bricks? Snake method? I was wondering if doing minion method, if you start the fire on one end of the coals instead of the middle? I have all sorts of ???'s :confused:

I have not cooked overnight but I have gone eight hours with a 14lb brisket so I have not needed to use the snake method although others on here have and I know they have had great success with it.
I have taken a different approach to low and slow using a BGE 18"cast iron cooking grate and placing it lower in my kettle as the charcoal grate. I seldom use the standard 22" charcoal grate. I get various levels of direct and indirect cooking depending on what setup I use. I do highly recommend firebrick, foiling the unused portion of the charcoal grate, whatever size and banking coals. I have added nomex from BBQ gaskets.com to the underside of my lid as well as some other mods. I have great efficiency forcing the air from the bottom vents to come through the burning coals. I get better temperature control and improved fuel efficiency.

http://tvwbb.com/search.php?searchid=589486 Read some of these posts for more info on the 26. There are others as well.

Last edited:
I do highly recommend firebrick, foiling the unused portion of the charcoal grate, whatever size and banking coals. I have added nomex from BBQ gaskets.com to the underside of my lid as well as some other mods. I have great efficiency forcing the air from the bottom vents to come through the burning coals. I get better temperature control and improved fuel efficiency.

http://tvwbb.com/search.php?searchid=589486 Read some of these posts for more info on the 26. There are others as well.

Great advice... Makes a lot of sense.

Although, that search link doesn't seem to work for me.

Great advice... Makes a lot of sense.

Although, that search link doesn't seem to work for me.

Sorry it did when I tried it before but not now, search this; Webber Mods 26. I know Webber is spelled incorrectly but it's one of the posts. Several should come up. Lots of reading by different people including me.

Just a couple pics of the assembly.... Would've broken it in today if it hadn't rained all day!

file.php

file.php

Back