Victoria TX IBCA

GaryP

TVWBB Pro
Not a whole lot to say. Just some photos and a little story. A little rain, a lot of wind, jambo didn't care. There were a lot of big time teams at this event and I got my a** whipped. 73 teams and I finished in the 40's. A little frustrating as I don't understand how judges at the same table can vary my score by thirteen points. I tried a new rib wrap "juice" and liked it. But applied my sauce when it was too warm and it was very thin on the rib. I thought everything was pretty good, but it was not to be. Anyway, had fun, made some new friends and I'll get back after it in a few weeks.

Oh, I've settled on my team name and I'm going with BeefSquatch Bbq. Cheers y'all. IMG20240210120524.jpgIMG20240210133619.jpgIMG20240210150627.jpg

Gary.... Your boxes look Excellent !
Those judges.... Other than the Head Judge, the rest are just general civilians... NOT trained judges !
Thanks Bob. It's hard to shake it off but I just have to. All B.S. aside I'm spending 600+ per cookoff to do this. When they are calling for judges the morning of along with allowing team members to judge(as long as you're not the head cook) you really have to wonder. But I love competing and I'll keep making adjustments. Thank you again for the words of encouragement.

Back