Updates from BBQ Guru on the way???

Todd Schwartz

Has anyone caught wind of "new and exciting" controller updates coming from BBQ Guru? Bob from BBQ Guru was interviewed on the BBQ Central show in early June 2011 and he hinted about some new and exciting updates to be announced within weeks. I have been following the BBQ Guru site and have not seen any changes to their controllers.

Getting close to upgrading my current ATC system, but waiting to see what comes out of this announcement before pulling the trigger.

Thanks,

Todd

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Todd Schwartz:
Has anyone caught wind of "new and exciting" controller updates coming from BBQ Guru? Bob from BBQ Guru was interviewed on the BBQ Central show in early June 2011 and he hinted about some new and exciting updates to be announced within weeks. I have been following the BBQ Guru site and have not seen any changes to their controllers.

Getting close to upgrading my current ATC system, but waiting to see what comes out of this announcement before pulling the trigger.

Thanks,

Todd </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With my luck the digi 2 will come out with wifi since I just bought one today....

My friend was there last week. They are only three miles from our house so I usually get my chunk from them. While he was there, they were trying out a new "Low cost" blower/controller package on the 22" WSM in the parking lot. The word is it should be on their site within the next week or so and available within a month.

This looks interesting. If they would give in an optional cord, it would probably put their nanoQ out of business (and it might do so anyways.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin W:
This looks interesting. If they would give in an optional cord, it would probably put their nanoQ out of business (and it might do so anyways.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I called about the PartyQ yesterday and was told that the PartyQ will be replacing the NanoQ.

I'm still a newb but went ahead an ordered one last night.

Im in Michigan and think this would be perfect for overnight smokes in the winter without breaking the bank too much. alot of sub $200 ATCs looked flimsy online to me and this one looks pretty solid.

Also, since I'm new at this I have a tendency to get worried when I see a temp drop and want to dump in a lit chimney when it might not need it. Hopefully this will help

plus the absence of power cords will make it easier to hide another bbq purchase from the wife...shhhhhhhhhh
icon_biggrin.gif

Ugh. Of course I just bought the DigiQ 2 weeks prior to this coming out. This PartyQ would have taken care of all my needs since I already remotely monitor the meat/pit temp w/ my maverick and the ramp functionality can be dialed in as you wish it to step down.

The only thing I'm wondering about is the temp probe. It looks like it permanently attached? That shouldn’t be right? I'm a novice here but isn’t that the first thing that could go bad?

Well mine is on the way, ill be sure to do a mini review at least..

Can't wait to here about it, Yianni! Congratulations!

The probe thing was my concern as well. As was the fan being permanently attached to the unit. Basically, it seems like if any part of the unit dies, the whole thing goes. I'll probably buy one anyways though. Hope they give support.

Can't wait to hear your review.

Back