Update your app and Smokefire software

Done and done. The app is cleaner and appears more organized. The software took 2-3 tries to update but finally took. I’m heading out of town for the next few days so I won’t be able to test out the grill.

Done and done. The app is cleaner and appears more organized. The software took 2-3 tries to update but finally took. I’m heading out of town for the next few days so I won’t be able to test out the grill.
Good to know. I'll probably install the update tomorrow after I replace the auger bolt that was missing on my grill. I have a 6 lb butt to make Saturday.

When I updated the app, I went under the app setting and it advised my grill was in need of a software/ firmware update. There’s a button under that script asking if you want to start the update from your phone. Hope that helps.

I have the 8/1 update, but if it's a rolling update maybe it just hasn't gotten around to my controller. I didn't power up today - it's getting challenging to cook between the rain drops.

Updated yesterday. Two cooks yesterday. Still smoking a pork butt that I started at 10pm. No issues. Don't really see that much of a difference with the app.
There weren’t a ton of changes on the app, other than graph relocation directly under your cook, instead of being on a separate page. It also looks like that was centralized with the timer screen and bringing back some kind of “chime” sound for notifications. I think the iPad support was the biggest update.

There weren’t a ton of changes on the app, other than graph relocation directly under your cook, instead of being on a separate page. It also looks like that was centralized with the timer screen and bringing back some kind of “chime” sound for notifications. I think the iPad support was the biggest update.
After spending more time with the app I did notice the changes. I wonder if we get an alert now when setting a temp when using the probes.

Back