Update on my Weight Loss

Wow that's awesome. That takes a lot of perseverance Keep up the good work.
I thought I was doing good. Lost 50lbs since July due to risk of getting Type II diabetes.

Last edited:
Nice Job Kemper - here's some light reading if you're interested:

The Barbell Prescription

I've been lifting and my weight has gone the wrong way - up ~25# over the last 5 months, so you might not want to listen to me :)

Are you lifting, doing cardio, both? I've tried about everything..... I'm happy with my strength progress but not my body composition (gain fat/muscle about 50/50%)

I'd recommend tracking everything you eat in my fitness pal and trying to hit a certain calorie goal, as well as protein/carb/fat. I got my #s here: http://www.barbellmedicine.com/584-2/ I had to read it several times over a couple different months to figure it out.

BSCB & pulled pork are incredibly lean with high protein......

just trying to help, I don't mean to ramble :)

edit:::: look at me giving advice to Kemper, I should be listening more :)

Great job, Kemper!!

I, too, lost weight (50 pounds) by curbing carbs and calories, and by walking up steep hills for exercise. My Weber smoker and grill have made it easier to cook meat without added fat (such as frying does).

I also used this free software too...

http://www.dietorganizer.com/

Again, congratulations!

Unfortunately, a dear friend of mine passed away last month due to excessive weight gain. I tried to encourage him about changing his eating habits, but he wouldn't listen until it was too late.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words Kemper! My goal is to get down to the 240-250 range. The hard part will be maintaining that once I get there. Especially this summer when my family gets together and the beer flows more freely than usual!! But I'll deal with that this summer! :cool:

What a way to go and keep-it-up!

I started a modified eating plan last Monday and trying to slim-down from my present 95K(209lbs) to around 84K(185lbs) on my 74 year old 5'8" frame.

My plan is to cut-down on my daily shot of rum and coke with a beer or two and do some portion control on my dinner plate.

Congrats on your progress!! Your doing great!!! Keep up the great work, your on the right track!!!! Thanks for posting your current status! You look great!!!!

Back