Unkown bbq hinge?

Dale Nichols

TVWBB Super Fan
My right shoulder is permanently dislocated, 3.5 centimeters out of joint and the doctors say they can't fix it just live with it. It always pops out of joint it just hangs down so Dale is basically one armed. So I was looking at getting one of these for my 22. What is the verdict on these? They have not been out to long but I am sure somebody owns one. I tried to search here for reviews but no luck. I never really have any luck searching the forum I don't know why.

Here it is http://unknownbbq.com/shop/

Or you can just make your heavy duty hinge like I did =)
Peter
CIMG4430_zps935ecc87.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Real nice job Peter,I don't have the means to do that. How bad is it to lift the center and top together?

No lifting at all. The smoker is one piece now. Bottom door is for fire loading and cleaning . Top door is for food loading and of course there is the lid that opens. Total of 4 racks
on four levels that are very easy to get to.

Peter

I have one of the prototype 22" hinges from Unknown BBQ. Installation is really simple, and I finally got to do a side-by-side cook with it this past weekend. I had both of my 22" WSMs running side-by-side, one with the hinge and one without. Let me tell you, I'll be ordering a 2nd hinge very soon. The Unknown BBQ hinge totally solves the problem of what to do with the lid. It turned out to be really annoying to have to take the lid off the other WSM and set it on the ground every time I got into the smoker, instead of just lifting it up and locking it in place on the hinge.

I think it's a fairly new thing which is why you don't see too many people with them yet. But it's a really great product--simple design, but well engineered and it solves the problem perfectly.

Back