Turned 1000 Hours Today

Congrats, Larry!! She's barely broken in. I think mine's only got around 300-400 and I've had it for ten years (wow, exactly ten years this month). I use the tractor a lot but most things don't add a lot of time to the clock. If we get a foot of heavy snow - and I clear the whole yard - even that only takes two or three hours.

That's a nice milestone. What year is it?
I looked it up at one time and IIRC it's a 2005 or 2007. Over the 3 years I've had it I think I have only accounted for for about 135 of those hours. Been a fun machine to own. Love the smell of diesel in the morning.....................smells like...................victory :D

My 1996 Toro Super Recycler lawnmower is still going strong as well. I had to replace the drive wheels on it this year because they were completely bald. It's kind of like my 1997 Weber Genesis grill, made in America by an American company and still performing at a high level.

I'd be willing to bet that the Cub Cadet 100 (10hp) that Dad bought in the mid 60s is still on the farm and running. He'd bought that specific model because it had a standard 540 RPM PTO shaft, and could run the flight elevator. There were a few years where it moved over 15,000 hay and straw bales, around 50 acres of small grain, and 300 acres of shelled corn. And that's all in addition to the mundane duty of mowing the farm yard.

I'd be willing to bet that the Cub Cadet 100 (10hp) that Dad bought in the mid 60s is still on the farm and running. He'd bought that specific model because it had a standard 540 RPM PTO shaft, and could run the flight elevator. There were a few years where it moved over 15,000 hay and straw bales, around 50 acres of small grain, and 300 acres of shelled corn. And that's all in addition to the mundane duty of mowing the farm yard.
Yep, those were made in the days where they were just scaled down full size machines, and could be used to do all sort of work.

Back