Tornado Sirens Won't Intimidate a Hungry WSM Guy

TouX

TVWBB Member
Rubbed down last night. Despite hearing a couple tornado sirens go off, nothing was going to stop these ribs from going on the WSM today.

Now comes the hard part....waiting patiently.

Lookin' Good BOTH ways now Tou...
Raymond, Caledonia were in the middle of it all, but now the sun is peeking out and the rains / winds have stopped...
bet we got 4 inches of water...
put my ribs on at 1230 today....

are you on the northern part of Milwaukee?

Glad to hear the weather cleared ... Wherever there's that thin blue smoke, the sun is always shining!

Jim...I'm seeing blue skies up here now too. That was some crazy down pour earlier. Skies were very dark and we probably got several inches of rain too. I put my ribs on around 11:30 this morning. Good thing my roof has a 2.5' overhang over my deck which makes it easy to use the WSM in weather like today. BTW, I'm about a mile north of Southridge Mall and drive through Caledonia and Danny's meat everyday to work in Racine.

5hrs later and we have some good looking ribs. No tornados out there, but windy as heck.

WSM vs crappy weather....WSM wins today.

Last edited:
I was hoping a tornado would pick those ribs up and deliver them on my doorstep. Those look tasty, definitely worth weathering the storm!

Nice way to persevere!! Great looking ribs and glad everyone made it thru (cept those pigs...bet they were gone!!)

Very sweet!

WSM: Touchdown, extra point is good
Tornado: 0

Now that's what I call some serious dedication. Great results!

Back