Thrift Store Find - KitchenAid Pro Line KPWB100OB Waffle Baker

Damn....now I want chicken n' waffles...AGAIN!

I put some more pics here for you

I have always wanted a waffle maker, but when I think of the work to make batter and the clean up-I pop an Eggo in the toaster.
Yeah... that's generally the thought process I go through and just end up skip on waffles. At least it used to be. Back during my pandemic-inspired period of unemployment, I got into making sourdough bread. Fast forward to today, I don't make the bread very often, but I still keep my starter alive so that I can use it for sourdough pancake/waffle batter. So nowadays my thought process goes more like this. . .

Wednesday Morning: "I should feed my starter so I have enough to make pancakes this weekend."
Thursday Night (as I lie down in bed)/Friday Morning (about halfway to work): "Crap! I was supposed to feed my starter! Oh well, next week I guess."
. . . three weeks later. . .
Saturday Morning (as the kids ask what's for lunch): "Was I supposed to make sourdough pancakes?"

Hey, anyone use one of the squeeze bottle things with the “ball” thing inside? I just put one in my amazon cart, I think it might be even more convenient than the deli cup!

I just cut the tip back more.
one thing to mix and dispense is the idea, I don’t want more “measuring“ fluff in the kitchen, one small ladle and the deli cup works but, the idea of mix, dispense, wash repeat makes me wonder.
Besides, that’s out of stock!🤣🤣🤣
I just looked at a couple of reviews, and from the videos if your batter is too thick for that orifice, the resulting “batter” would be more like dough. Order placed, will advise. I like the idea for quick filling of 400* corn stick pans too! It looks like the orifice is 1/4” if not a bit larger. Fingers crossed, if it doesn’t work, my granddaughter does like pancakes which should not be an issue.

Last edited:
Hey, anyone use one of the squeeze bottle things with the “ball” thing inside? I just put one in my amazon cart, I think it might be even more convenient than the deli cup!
It's just the two of us, so I pour it directly from the 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup.

I only use a small waffle maker anymore, so the deli tub works pretty well but, I think the squeezey thing should work well for us, I’ll let you know, it’s scheduled to arrive tomorrow unless it gets iced in somewhere!

After two months of using the batter mixer thing, I’m sold! Just got one for DiL! We don’t have a stack of waffles daily, using the little (eggo size) waffle maker a “short batch” (cup of flour, milk, etc.) will last us a “work week”. This stores so conveniently, goes in the dishwasher and is stupidly easy! I used to “poo poo” these sort of things but, this might be one of the best cheap kitchen tools I’ve ever bought.

The best thing about staying at a hotel for me is the home made waffles. I picked up this Warring Pro for $5 at our neighborhood garage sale. Sadly after its successful first use it died. Took me a while and had to take it apart and replace the thermal fuse. I love the flip action. Here is the recipe I use and a picture of the iron.

1709167566856.png

Ingredient Checklist

2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ cups milk
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract

[Never tried this below but you can]
Use whole wheat flour, splenda, and apple sauce in lieu of the oil. I also added about 1 tsp of brown sugar and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon

Directions
Step 1
Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.

[I don't even need cooking spray with the amount of oil in the recipe and never had it stick]
Step 2
Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.

The best thing about staying at a hotel for me is the home made waffles. I picked up this Warring Pro for $5 at our neighborhood garage sale. Sadly after its successful first use it died. Took me a while and had to take it apart and replace the thermal fuse. I love the flip action. Here is the recipe I use and a picture of the iron.

View attachment 87088

Ingredient Checklist

2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ cups milk
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract

[Never tried this below but you can]
Use whole wheat flour, splenda, and apple sauce in lieu of the oil. I also added about 1 tsp of brown sugar and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon

Directions
Step 1
Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.

[I don't even need cooking spray with the amount of oil in the recipe and never had it stick]
Step 2
Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
Thanks for sharing, I have the same waffle maker.

Back