Thermapen Arrived

G Savrnoch

TVWBB Super Fan
I'm pretty excited but my super-duper fast, slash-proof, red Thermapen arrived today.

1CD67719-B8C1-4300-90B4-A3E0C4E089EF_zpsnpdrtasv.jpg

I really like my Thermapen. Not only does it read the temp of the meat, it's a great probe for testing the meat. It helps you learn the connection between temp and doneness by feel. When the probe goes into the meat "like butter" and your reading is around 200 degrees, you know you've nailed it. ENJOY!

Mine is red, too. Only thing to knock about Thermapens is that they don't make 'em for lefties. I've had mine a few years now, and have had zero issues. The batteries last a long time.

I have the same exact one. The back-lit feature is nice! My only gripe - it's a PITA to grabe the probe from the fully collapsed position.

Decided to try the Thermopop at 1/3 the price and couldn’t be happier, just a couple of seconds slower.

Mine is red, too. Only thing to knock about Thermapens is that they don't make 'em for lefties. I've had mine a few years now, and have had zero issues. The batteries last a long time.
As others have noted, maybe look at the new Thermapops. I believe they are rotate-able for lefty use. And they are about 1/4 or 1/3 the price of the thermapen. But, a couple of seconds slower, if that matters.
I've had a thermapen for a couple of years now and really like it, although mine is black and therefore faster.

The only thing I regret is not getting the one with the backlight. They had the ugly brown one on sale and I bought that. Disguised the ugliness with the silicone cover:)

love my thermapen as well. Thinking about getting a thermapop as a backup and to use when I cook at work since they are on sale right now. Hmmmm, now what color should I get.....

Awesome! I just got the Thermapop along with some Jelly Belly's yesterday and working on the Thermopen! This was the first time that I have ordered from Thermoworks...what a First Class company!

Back