The Queen of the Castle said "Let Them Eat Ribs..."

Glenn Baumgarth

TVWBB Member
"...and Crash Potatoes!" Wife is a nurse and usually is working on Saturday and Sunday so it was a joy to have her home for Mother's Day. She decided on ribs and crash potatoes for her big day. The royal subjects were thrilled to have her home and thrilled with her choice for the feast!

The Royal Jester used the BRITU recipe but decided to mix it up and use foil on the water pan instead of water which he had done all of the other times he cooked ribs.

Ribs rubbed, rolled and ready.

A few of the Royal Subjects helping pick out the best smoke wood in the land (Hickory & Apple).

On the WSM for the start of the cook.

Some of the Royal Subjects decided to get a little R&R while the feast was prepared.

The Royal Subjects approve of the turn at the 3 hour mark!

The Jester prepared some Lampe's (I mean Crash Potatoes).

Ribs falling off the bone with some Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ Sauce added.

Crash Potatoes ready for the Royal Feast.

The Queen's Feast was plated and enjoyed by all in the land!!

Some juicy watermelon for dessert.

Ribs turned out different, but awesome with using the foil instead of water (and the clean up is oh so much easier). Was able to keep the temp steady at 240 for most of the cook without a problem. Seemed to be more "melt in your mouth" than when I've done it with water in the pan.

First time I was able to find small Yukon Gold potatoes (usually do them with reds). Skins were more tender and didn't provide as much of a crunch as with the reds. Love 'em both ways.

Thanks for looking and hope all were able to enjoy the day with the Queen of their castle!!

Glenn

Last edited:
Her majesty must have been well pleased with such a feast! I love the idea of doing the crash hots on the pizza pan (?).
The ribs look really good , too. Nice family weekend. Good for you. :wsm:

Back