THE BIG ONE

Ernest Buckley

TVWBB Fan
So this Thursday evening I will be kicking off my largest smoke yet: 3 pork shoulders and 12 racks of baby back ribs. I will do this in two rounds:

Round 1 commences Thursday evening at 5 with 3 pork shoulders and should conclude somewhere early Friday morning.

Round 2 will start immediately if the temps hold at 250 with the ribs.

THIS TIME I`M TAKING PIX!

I`m very excited. Nothing beats an overnight smoke with some brews and waking up in the morning smelling that wonderful aroma of hickory wood!

Let the countdown begin!

Hey Michael,

Greetings from Bergen Beach! I grew up in Greenpoint/Williamsburg but reside here now. What part are you from?

I have those weber racks that fit 4 ribs comfortably but I always lean a rack of ribs on the back of the rack and then lay one across the top. So figure 6 ribs on each grill, then I alternate positions about 3 hours into the smoke.

I was going to ask in the original post, how much wood should I use? I usually go with 2 handfuls of wood chips. I may go with more Friday morning... any ideas?

My son lives near the Carroll St. subway station. Maybe if the wind is right he'll smell the bbq cooking.
icon_biggrin.gif

(On second thought, I just looked at a map - that would take a pretty strong wind at that distance.)

Back