Thank you Andy Wasserman

Tom Rotta

TVWBB Fan
Andy Wasserman posted a Turkey and Stuffing Fatty this past week. Wife liked the idea and wanted me to give it a try. Forgot to get celery so I used a diced up bell pepper with the onion and added to the stuffing. Assembly was messy. Meat was really wet and sticky. Maybe thats because I used a chubed turkey sausage AND a chubed ground turkey??? I did manage to get it together and on the grill. Gave it a light sprinkle of a commercial turkey rub. I followed Andy's post and used a pan with some water. Also threw some hickory chips on for smoke.

Temp on the lid thermometer got up to 400 +. Maverick grill probe on the cooking rack stayed between 350 and 375. Rotated it after about 35 minutes to make sure both sides got the same amount of heat. Hit 165 internal in about an hour and 5 minutes.

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

Ready to eat… Was really good.
DSC00174.jpg

I have to be honest. Half way through the assembly I was thinking this was going to be a disaster, but it turned out well and something I will definitely do again. Thank you Andy for originally posting this idea. Maybe next time I'll try wrapping it in turkey bacon too.

Thanks
Tom

Nice job! I tried to talk my wife into letting me cook a couple thanksgiving fatties as appetizers but I got shut down. I am still intrigued by this though!

Pretty cool spin on an already cool idea. We've been wanting to try a fattie. Maybe this should be a start. I missed Andy's post. Looks great Tom, thanks for re posting and showing dime pics.

Nice result Tom! I found it helpful to keep everything chilled as much as posssible to make the assembly/rollup as easy as possible. I made sure the stuffing was in the refrigerator as well as the flattened turkey mixture for at least 45 minutes before rolling it up.

Back