Texas Hill Country Sausage

OMG Please send me your addresss i'll come with fresh baked rolls and grog of your choice or rhum!

great post, as well as display of skill - for those of us who make our own sausages respect the art of one person stuff and feed method. That's not an easy thing to accomplish - looks like you got it down -Amazing stuff!

Man, those look good. One question though: why two open bottles of Menage a trois?

I love to see these kind of posts. I know there's no way I will ever make real sausage like that but it sure is great to watch. I just had a thought , tho. Would that still be good made into sausage patties? What would you do if you weren't going to put it into casings?

I have done this, but as soon as I make the brats, I just freeze or cook them. If I don't make them into brats, I just grind and freeze as ground pork and cook for later use.. Anyone can grind, that is the easy part. Stuffing those brats with that kitchen aid plunger is hair pulling crazy.. The grinder is awesome, I've ground Deer, Pork, Beef and Chicken all through there... I've made brats with real casings and that STINKS.... but the smell cooks out and the brats are Great.

Awesome job on this Dwain! Does the lid fit over the racks?

Yes. It's a Weber designed accessory and fits like a glove.

Would that still be good made into sausage patties? What would you do if you weren't going to put it into casings?

I don't see why you couldn't. Give it a shot and see.

what temps did you smoke these at? Can this be accomplished without the racks?

~175*F. I think you could rig something it the grate. The rack gives you head space and access is all.

Last edited:
O-M-G!!! You are the sausage king of Huntsville! That is some gorgeous sausage! So much so I'm driving over for some :).

Great looking sausage Dwain, going to have to learn how to do that. Barbs got the kitchen aid mixer just need to get the attachment.

Back