Temp Fluctuations & Flavor

Brad H.

TVWBB Fan
I read "Low and Slow" by Wiviott. He seems to see temp fluctuations during long cooks as a good thing. He feels it imparts flavors you might not get with stable temps across the length of a cook.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Doesn't make any sense to me but I'm not a profesional of any sort. I don't think temp fluctuations are the end of the world or would have much of an effect on a cook but I can't see how they would add flavor.

Clark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clark Deutscher:
Doesn't make any sense to me but I'm not a profesional of any sort. I don't think temp fluctuations are the end of the world or would have much of an effect on a cook but I can't see how they would add flavor.

Clark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Agreed!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
Agreed!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't seen a post by Bryan S for a long time. It's nice to see you posting again Bryan!

###

Back