Tell me again how they don't smoke?

All the smoke taste you need in a convenient little bottle.
Yuck! Very light smoke very very light and it also contains carcinogenic. Also why I don't like to pan sear meat. Open flame for me. I'm not a big fear guy by the way, but when I can do it a better way I do open flame. To each their own. I tried looking if I had any food pics left on my phone. All gone replaced by grandkid pics. Next time I'll take some. The ultimate way for me now is reverse sear. Toss em on the smoker then grill for a quick sear. Just amazing.

I have almost 3k pics and only about 4 pics of smoked food. This was from when I catered my sons wedding. I don't even have any of the after pics left or any from the wedding setup. I just don't keep pics of my cooks very long or at all.

20230407_200447.jpg

Are those the only kind of shroom you hunt? Or are there others you like to find. Remember shroom hunting with my grandpa, and my dad and 2 uncles as a kid. We had great fun and grandma made some delish meals with them as did my mom. There is nothing like the flavor of the wild shrooms and the texture

Are those the only kind of shroom you hunt? Or are there others you like to find. Remember shroom hunting with my grandpa, and my dad and 2 uncles as a kid. We had great fun and grandma made some delish meals with them as did my mom. There is nothing like the flavor of the wild shrooms and the texture
Yep Murrells are the only ones we go after. Some eat puffballs and they get absolutely huge. Those murrells are big as well. Had about 15 that size or a bit smaller.

What’s funny to me is that I think Bob’s steak and Darian’s steak and Brett’s ribeyes all look delicious and I’d enjoy any one of them! 😋

A good sear is all I need to enjoy something. I’ve read the articles from Meathead about searing and how it’s got to cover the entire surface—no sexy grill marks for him. For me, I’m just not that picky.

This was Feb 5. But easily replicable.

I’m down for some legit ravioli. It’s been eons since I had memorable ones. Like pre 1991.

Here’s my reference point. I miss this place.

Living where I live in the land of white bread and mayo, it's like there is no civilization to me like when we lived in Chicago. Heck these folks out here, don't even know what a "deli" is! So finding Deli Italia was a blessing even if it's way out on the NW part of the area. Worth the drive

Living where I live in the land of white bread and mayo, it's like there is no civilization to me like when we lived in Chicago. Heck these folks out here, don't even know what a "deli" is! So finding Deli Italia was a blessing even if it's way out on the NW part of the area. Worth the drive
I hear you!

BTW, the brisket point was nothing short of incredible. I think my SIL alone ate 1/4 of it :D Terrific aroma, just the right amount of smoke so you knew you were eating beef, not a 2x4 :D My oldest daughter and SIL absconded with a huge chunk, youngest daughter as well. Even my grandson who usually just "picks" at stuff had a good helping of ravioli AND 2 nice slices of the brisket. So now? I have a little chuck left enough for maybe 2 lunches. Sorry no picks. Everyone was so ravenous when I pulled it out of the cooler they all started digging into it

Keep seeing all these things ranting on how pellet grills don't smoke and only stick or coal burners can. And how you gotta use a smoke tube. Well here we are rolling coal :D at 225 and it's not just in little "puffs". It's been rolling steady as she goes all night and all morning.
View attachment 91249
Are you still using the Cosco pellets? You've mentioned that in previous posts.

I have a basic z grill pellet grill and found the smoke intensity lacking. Yes, it smokes and for chicken it's acceptable but when I did ribs and pork butt I thought it was too light. I'm comparing this to my WSM and kettle with a wood chunk added to the coals. I added a smoke tube with a mix of pellets and chips and that helped a lot with ribs. For pork butt I still prefer the WSM.

Are you still using the Cosco pellets? You've mentioned that in previous posts.

I have a basic z grill pellet grill and found the smoke intensity lacking. Yes, it smokes and for chicken it's acceptable but when I did ribs and pork butt I thought it was too light. I'm comparing this to my WSM and kettle with a wood chunk added to the coals. I added a smoke tube with a mix of pellets and chips and that helped a lot with ribs. For pork butt I still prefer the WSM.
Yes, though not always. Though, this past weekend's cook was with Kirkland. Not lacking in smoke. But, I have large amounts of Smoke House from Sam's Club (it's a custom blend they make only for Sam's), however the same blend as Kirkland. Oak, Hickory, Maple and Cherry. But last year I was able to clean house with a blend I found at Menard's from Smoke House 50/50 Oak/Hickory But, the Kirkland pellets came through.

Yes, though not always. Though, this past weekend's cook was with Kirkland. Not lacking in smoke. But, I have large amounts of Smoke House from Sam's Club (it's a custom blend they make only for Sam's), however the same blend as Kirkland. Oak, Hickory, Maple and Cherry. But last year I was able to clean house with a blend I found at Menard's from Smoke House 50/50 Oak/Hickory But, the Kirkland pellets came through.
If I ever decide to join costo I'll get some Kirkland pellets. I've mostly used Pitt Boss because there competition blend is cheap. Maybe I'm getting what I'm paying for

If I ever decide to join costo I'll get some Kirkland pellets. I've mostly used Pitt Boss because there competition blend is cheap. Maybe I'm getting what I'm paying for
IDK.. Both the ones at Sam's and Costco are way cheaper than I have seen PB (at $14.99 and $12.99 respectively) for 40# bags. Could be PB punches below it's weight and the other punch above

BTW another answer to your possible question. Here is my Z grill after that long brisket cook Fri night into mid day Saturday. I vacuumed it out yesterday as it was pressed into service for some delish "hot wings" First pic has the flame diverter still on, second is just the burn pot. Again this is after about an 8lb burn basically about 15-16 hours
20240519_164202.jpg20240519_164215.jpg

Back