Teflon Cooking Sheet

TOM BAUER

TVWBB Pro
I wondered if anyone in the Q forum has used--

BBQ teflon cooking sheet 50x40cm best for Beefeater & gas barbecue hot plate.

I found them on eBay for $10.00 or so plus $6.00 for postage from Australia.
The eBay page has a video that shows it's use, and I see on the Aussie Barbeque Forum, they are mentioned often. Looks a little more portable than a griddle...

Frankly I would not use teflon/non-stick type product on the grill. I am actually phasing out all use of non-stick pans in my own home because of the dangers the material represents as it reaches some cooking temps. I am changing over to simple cast iron or stainless steel or simply using my calphalon anodized

Tom
I have been using these Teflon grill sheets for about 6 - 7 years. They are perfect for the Weber Q series. I don't use them every day, I only use them in lieu of a hot plate. For things like grilled onions grilled salmon, some grilled veggies, burger patties, prawns sometimes, mussels and oysters in the shell sometimes. I have had no ill effects from it. I don't cut it to size, I just put as much as I need on the Q and let the rest overhang. Makes it easy to handle. Heats to temp in 15 seconds and cools in about the same time. Washes up in warm soapy water. You still get the great grill marks on the food when you use it. It is my favourite way of grilling Salmon which is my favourite fish dish.

The price from Amazon is cheaper than I can buy it from most places in Australia.

Cheers

Phil

Well, thanks for the reply Phil. Always find your advice useful, especially if it is from a "Q" expert user like yourself. I am going to order one and give it a try!!!

Back