Tear Jerker's *****

Shawn W-

It was a joke. Bryan is a big Kid Rock fan.

Kid Rock is definitely no Frank Buble...I mean Michael Sinatra...I mean Michael Buble!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Brandon N.:
Shawn W-

Kid Rock is definitely no Frank Buble...I mean Michael Sinatra...I mean Michael Buble!
icon_biggrin.gif
HUGE! Kid fan. MB sux DD's.
icon_biggrin.gif

Brandon, I got it.
icon_cool.gif
The Kid needs a few more years, and maybe I'll put "Picture" on the list. That song has a special place in my heart and... well.
icon_wink.gif

in general (anyone could relate to this)
#1 Fiddler on the Green (Demons and Wizards, a project by Hansi Kursch of "Bling Guardian" and Jon Shaffer of "Iced Earth) ...true story, but i'll make it short, ..In Hansi's home town somewhere in Europe (no idea where) he would walk his dog the same route everyday, ...one day he witnesses a small child get killed by a car playing to close to the road on a corner,.... (unsure of the time that went by in this next part) a SHORT time later another little girl gets hit and killed on the same corner when hes walking his dog (again). Touched him so much he wrote that song, he believes she was taken to keep him company, he thought maybe it was a mistake to take the boy, and he was to young to go alone or without company (or something like that)
and #2 (on my own personal level)
Killswitch Engage - My Curse

Yes, none of you would like this hard crap
icon_wink.gif
but its been in me since i was little!
icon_smile.gif
have a good one

Originally posted by Dan H.:
Yes, none of you would like this hard crap
icon_wink.gif
but its been in me since i was little!
icon_smile.gif
have a good one
Don't be so quick to judge, we/some might surprise you. I'm going on 46 but I like it hard and fast. You might be thrown off from some of my choices in this thread. But I love great music.
icon_wink.gif
And great music comes in all shapes and sizes.
icon_cool.gif

Ya I know, he talked about going to his last show. your joke made me almost spit my coffee out it was so funny
icon_biggrin.gif
Maybe it's a modern tear jerker for the 'me' generation and I just don't get it.
icon_smile.gif

my number 1 is probably Micheal W SMith This is your Time, about a kid who stood firm in her faith at Columbine

tears in heaven ... I don't know how he could sing that without cracking .... ever ... what a horrible thing to happen to his family

Stephen Curtis Chapman probably only some you heard of, I Would Say about a family member who was lost to alcohol strikes too close to home for me ... wow, there is another artist, I wonder if he's done a song about his tragedy? one of his sons killed an adopted daughter by accident while backing up the family SUV

cool bryan, I know you know this but i didn't mean nothin to you i was just pokin at myself to get you guys to laugh a little, but i think thats great, and I also like more then just hard, etc. some of my fav. is celtic instrumentals and a whole list of things like that.

Originally posted by Dan H.:
cool bryan, I know you know this but i didn't mean nothin to you i was just pokin at myself to get you guys to laugh a little, but i think thats great, and I also like more then just hard, etc. some of my fav. is celtic instrumentals and a whole list of things like that.
I'm a head banger, but... I'm also a huge, and I mean huge Folk music fan. The Kid is screaming at me as I type this, "Midnight Train to Memphis". That said back to Folk music. Have you heard Irelands Amy McDonald? She is very talented IMO, Link to Amy. I'm also a huge Cranberries fan... It goes on and on with me. I just like it all Man!
icon_wink.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

I hope you guys don't mind. I am not trying to hijack the thread but I got to thinking. I just wanted to twist it up a little bit and keep it rollin':

Tear Jerker Movies

My fav, and I am sure others too, is Brian's Song. Man if you watch that and don't cry, I think you should be taken to the ER and evaluated. It would still be my #1 even if I didn't love the Chicago Bears.
icon_biggrin.gif

Another, Last of The Mohicans. The end chase segment and the music along with it is awesome.

And lastly off the top of my head, Hardball with Keanu Reeves. The first time I watched that I was feeling all happy happy joy joy towards the end. Coach took care of his debts, the team won the championship game and then BAM! Hardball throws a curveball and I am looking for the Kleenex box.
icon_frown.gif

Keep Talking About Songs Too!

The second movement of Dvorak's 9th Symphony ("From the New World") also know popularly as "Goin'Home)

"Clair De Lune"- Debussey

"Prison Sex" -Tool

Movie: "My Dog Skip"

bad *** link bryan, shes good, love her voice. i was tryin to figure out if Daves Tool song was a tearjerker though. I love tool and seen a freakin COOL show in Denver but for the life of me I'll never know exactly what some of there messages are. There a band i love to just listen to, damn there somethin'. I like sober and stinkfist are classic fav's.

Dan, I don't think Prison Sex is a tera jerker! Just trying to be funny! I do like Tool alot though! Sober, and Crawl Away off of Undertow are da bomb!

Originally posted by Clark "Harbormaster" Hodgson:
I'm gonna take a slightly different route in answering this question.
When I hear "How Great Thou Art" I can't hold back the tears, especially the verse And when I think/ That God, His Son not sparing,/ sent Him to die/ I scarce can take it in/ That on the cross/ my burden gladly bearing/ He bled and died/ to take away my sin.
It just moves me to no end.

As a believer I would have to agree with Clark. Also, Martina McBrides song "Anyway" really does it to me.

Originally posted by Bryan S:
I forgot one, a Seasonal Tear Jerker "The Christmas Shoes," by Newsong.

Great one Bryan. 5 years ago we did that musical for our Christmas production at church. I played the male lead and had to sing that song. It was easy to make the tears flow when you thing about the mother dying.
By the way Bryan. Sorry to hear about your health issues. I will include you in my prayers.

WOW! That Il Divo group was amazing. I had to post that song to my myspace page. Awesome group. And you're right about the hit you take at the 3 minute mark.

Thanks for sharing that one.

No lyrics.... Cool!

Even after 30 odd yrs this still blows me away.

Tim

Last edited:

Back