Taylor 1470N thermometer

Mickey M

Closed Account
Hi,

Anyone here using the new(er) Taylor 1470N?

It's the updated version of the Taylor 1470. I guess the updates are 2 AAA batteries instead of 1 and a 24 hour timer in case you're smoking a dinosaur or something.

Thanks

I think most (well, me anyways ;) )like the smoker temp AND meat temperature units, not just meat.

the smoker thermometer i use in my mini wsm is accurate. It's a $15 RC T2 and i've tested it all kinds of ways. the thing is on the money!

all i need is a meat thermometer. I have no need to drop $50 on a dual type.

i put together a mini wsm to save money, not spend it. :)

the taylor is on the way, also $15, shipping included. I'll let you guys know how it works.

Last edited:
And the "dual type" (ie 732) has a remote. Does yours? Not being sarcastic, just asking as I can't find on google an "RC T2". I see the taylor does not.

And the "dual type" (ie 732) has a remote. Does yours? Not being sarcastic, just asking as I can't find on google an "RC T2". I see the taylor does not.

the taylor came today while i was already in the process of smoking a chicken and i'm using it now. Temp of the bird is 131 now. The mini wsm is at 225. I'm always amazed at how well i have learned how to use the vents to get a desired temp.

as for having a remote ..., well, i'm not much of a gadgeteer. I really wasn't going to buy the taylor but i grew weary of removing the mini's lid and losing heat when i was checking meat temps.

to find info on the rc t2 try looking up "river country rc-t2." Amazon reviews are 4.5 stars out of 5 for 108 reviews.

Last edited:
Chicken is out of the smoker and done.

i added some more lump charcoal when the chicken temp was at 158 and brought the smoker temp up to 375 until the chicken reached 165. I think this may help to crisp up the skin although i'm not sure it was really necessary.

it came out great regardless, crispy skin and all.

Last edited:

Back