TAILGATE SUNDAY WEEK 1 WITH PICS

Chuck_B

TVWBB Wizard
Well here are my pics from my idea of tailgate sunday. Week 1 I did:

Pork ribs (smoker)
Hot sausage and Chicken (grilled)

Always a screw ball being thrown at me! I'll explain as I go.

SO...ribs! Bought about 20lbs of pork ribs to smoke. I got them on saturday and had them in the fridge and didn't look at them. Here comes the screwball. I didn't notice that the ribs were cut like fingers! Now I really had to watch them and couldn't use my rib racks...oh well I worked with it. Applied a rubs and off I went!
Ribsongrill.jpg

Ribsongrill2.jpg

After about two hours
Ribsfewhoursin.jpg

Started to grill some hot sausages and giant chicken legs. I took a pic as I was putting some of the sausages on because I didn't want to forget to like usual! Only made six legs as there were only six of us I was cooking for.
sausagesongrill.jpg

chickenlegsongrill.jpg

And here is all done.
Ribsdone.jpg

Ribscloseup2.jpg

Ribscloseup.jpg

Ribcutopen.jpg

Ribcutopen2.jpg

Barkandsmokering.jpg

Sausagesdone.jpg

chickendone.jpg

Over all it worked out great! Ribs cooked faster as I expected so I kept an eye on them and they were perfect I am happy to report. Very juicy! Them being cut as they were had me worried and I had a temp spike about an hour in. WSM read 240 and was holding. Surface however read at 305! Took about 15 minutes to get the surface to drop to 250 and I went from there with no issues.

Hope you enjoyed the pics. Thanx for looking!

HoleyPigSkin Chuck! SuperBowl Cook you did!!
w0w!!

You - Did - Go - All - The - Way!

Weird how the ribs were cut, never have I seen that before ...

Thanx Jim. Yeah they do it as a few places around here. Where I went though I have never seen them do that and I was totally shocked when I opened the packages! As you can see they are long so in the package they were wrapped underneath themselves so you couldn't see it cut like that. Was terrified of drying them out!

From one Chuck to another,Nice Job!
Was there a bone or cartilage in those fingers? I never seen spare ribs that looked like that.
The main thing is they tasted good and they looked good.
Chuck.

great looking cook. Seeing ribs cut like that is a new one to me too. You would think the ribs would dry out cut that way.

Thanx Chuck! hahaha Kind of odd saying that
icon_biggrin.gif

Couple (not all) had very small pieces of cartilage. Sometimes they will cut them like this at local grocery stores but I went to a meat market I do to sometimes and I have never seen them do that. And in the package, it was folded underneath so it looked like your typical rack of ribs.

John the ribs drying out was a huge fear of mine! I mean they were seperated could have easily had them dry out. I would leave the smoker for more than 10-15 minutes at a time. I was grilling the other stuff anyway so I was close by.

Well Michael the Giants wow (very luckily) and people were happy about that but they were more happy with their stomachs being full.

Originally posted by John Leopard:
My obvious question is, which team did you tailgate for? Oh, and BTW, dats one good lookin' feast.

GEAUX TIGERS

Thanx Wolgast, John and Dale. I am a Giants fan John.

Back