Tailgate recipe ?

Louis

TVWBB Fan
Hey guys,

I am looking from some idea for my tailgate ... there is probably plenty of tailgate food i do not know about since the only things i did where :

Ribs
Fatties
chicken wing

please give me some ideas/recipes !

Thanks again

Hey Louis. I've done the same as you in the past. Our Bills home opener menu coming up in September is:

- bacon wrapped scallops
- bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers
- steak fajita's
- hamburgers after the game

Other ideas are:
- shrimp kabobs
- chicken kabobs
- steak kabobs
- chicken drumsticks
- grilled bologna sandwiches
- pulled pork (cook in advance, re-heat at the game)
- chili

You might take a look Weber's Upgrade to Tailgating Glory at on Weber's download page.

The first thing that comes to my mind is ABTs. But I don't know how suitable they are for a tailgate. I made them for the first time about a week ago and they took about an hour on my mini-WSM. (ABT probably just another name for the bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers that Mike mentioned.)

Another strategy might be to prepare something that takes longer (like ribs or pulled pork) ahead of time and then just reheat to serve. You can use a grill to reheat as well as toast buns.

Hmmm... I'm looking back at Mike's post and he's already mentioned my personal suggestions. They must be good ideas!
icon_biggrin.gif
(Shrimp kabobs sound particularly good!)

the games here are at 13h and i usually arrive at 6 in the morning so i got plenty of time to cook my ribs on the same day
icon_smile.gif

I think i'll try those ABTs ... any recipe ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Louis:
I think i'll try those ABTs ... any recipe ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Here's what I did.

I'm doing wings like I saw on the BBQ Pit Boys youtube channel for preseason opener in Charlotte. Then I plan to spin a couple of chickens on the weber rotisserie along with some cooked veggies. A little chicken heavy but so are The Giants.

ABT's are easy to make, easy to cook, and always go over well. I also do some venison stuffed mushrooms that people seem to like. Take some venison sausage (or your favorite pork sausage), mix with a little parmesean cheese, bread crumbs, and seasonings. Put in the middle of a hollowed out mushroom and cook till tender. Yummy.

Back