Tacos

Tim Campbell

TVWBB Guru
Apologies for yet another taco post. We do some version of tacos weekly. Growing up, my fare was the basic, American version: ground beef, diced onion, packaged mix, boxed hard shells, shredded cheese. It actually conjures up memories of comfort, family, and sentimentality. I'm happy that this is how my son likes it.

These days, having had a ton of cooking experience at home and in restaurants, my wife and I do a taco cook that falls somewhere between carne asada and Peruvian chicken. Taste is just outstanding. Sorry for the rant. Likely the bourbon.

Halved about 6 boneless pork chops. Usually use chicken, but...y'know, pork! Marinaded for ~24 hours. One is sliced just for fun. Mix is simple and fun to make in mortar+pestle.
20230912_215145.jpg

Cooked this on the gasser. Usually use only the Performer, but I was cooking between storms. This cook went fast.
20230912_223608.jpg
20230912_223556.jpg

My plate: Warmed flour tortillas, store-bought. Shredded jack, cilantro, white onion, pineapple.
20230912_231842.jpg

Thanks for looking. This entire could went down in between some really crummy weather. Surprised I got it done outside.

Last edited:
Nice looking pork pineapple tacos Jim. I hear ya on the once a week thing. I made shrimp tacos last week and making flap meat tacos tonight.
You dial up whatever flavor you want and just go for it...

Every taco thread you post is very tasty looking.....feels like I also posted taco threads about 1:3 ratio of all my more recent threads.
This one looks stellar....we over did it a bit but will be going back soon....I have all the ingredients already and it is pepper harvest time up here...
Had the MRS stop after work and pick me up a whole bunch of fresh goodies to make this weekend.....things like poblano, jalapeno, serano, habaneros, and something she just called little hot peppers.....,mystery peppers are scary to me.
I may post if I can make a few good things, a couple salsa's, verde and roja and hoping to make a habanero - peach - bourban bbq sauce as well..!!!!
Just have to grab some tomatillo's on the way home from the range Saturday and all the fun should start....

Every taco thread you post is very tasty looking.....feels like I also posted taco threads about 1:3 ratio of all my more recent threads.
This one looks stellar....we over did it a bit but will be going back soon....I have all the ingredients already and it is pepper harvest time up here...
Had the MRS stop after work and pick me up a whole bunch of fresh goodies to make this weekend.....things like poblano, jalapeno, serano, habaneros, and something she just called little hot peppers.....,mystery peppers are scary to me.
I may post if I can make a few good things, a couple salsa's, verde and roja and hoping to make a habanero - peach - bourban bbq sauce as well..!!!!
Just have to grab some tomatillo's on the way home from the range Saturday and all the fun should start....
Excellent. I want pictures!! Your taco cooks rock, Darryl.

Back