surprise gift for dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Smith

TVWBB Fan
My father received a heart transplant three weeks ago after being admitted permanently back on January 4. It looks like Friday is the day he can finally go home so I have a little gift waiting on him to replace his decaying 20 year old 18" kettle.

817575.jpg

I think he's going to like it! We loaded it up with every accessory he could possibly need. I'm still looking into cast iron grates though...any suggestions? I thought I remembered reading that some of them have fitment issues.

Well dont give him that we dont wanna hear about a new heart problem!

But i think the CI grates are the best thing i got for my 22". Think Jims smoker plate is on a steady nr2
icon_smile.gif

Iv read that the 26" grates have a problem fitting. But the original 22 i never herd a problem with.

The respect and love you share with your old man is shown!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Great post!

Hope your dad is doing fine Chris, your dad will love his new toy. Enjoy the time you have with your parents, i have lost both of my parents and cant tell you how much i miss them. The courage a father brings and the warmth only a mother can give are priceless.

Wow is this a joke ! You bot a top of the line grill for your dad who has a heart condition? Are you trying to finsih him off and inherit the grill? Funniest thing I've read all day.
icon_smile.gif

All kidding aside....I'm sure he'll love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back