Super Bowl - what’s on the menu?

Our weather took a turn for the worse so I’m getting rained on while doing the Q.
We basically are doing the same cook as a few days ago and it is turning out fine.

We came back from date night last night to burnt out to pick oysters at the low tide so we are doing without those today :(.
I started the ribs a while ago and I’m really enjoying using the Hunsaker hanging rig.
I just got done pulling my last loaf from the oven.
This last loaf has so much crap in it I don’t know where to begin.
Jalapeño, extra sharp cheddar, basil, garlic and rosemary.
It’s a new to me recipe I conjured up so in case it flops I’m bringing another loaf to the party.
I think it will do just fine butcha never know.

On another note the wife and I are going to enjoy some nice weather at the beginning of March spending a week in Arizona watching the Giants Spring training.
IMG_4376.jpegIMG_4374.jpegIMG_4374.jpegIMG_4380.jpeg

Our weather took a turn for the worse so I’m getting rained on while doing the Q.
We basically are doing the same cook as a few days ago and it is turning out fine.

We came back from date night last night to burnt out to pick oysters at the low tide so we are doing without those today :(.
I started the ribs a while ago and I’m really enjoying using the Hunsaker hanging rig.
I just got done pulling my last loaf from the oven.
This last loaf has so much crap in it I don’t know where to begin.
Jalapeño, extra sharp cheddar, basil, garlic and rosemary.
It’s a new to me recipe I conjured up so in case it flops I’m bringing another loaf to the party.
I think it will do just fine butcha never know.

On another note the wife and I are going to enjoy some nice weather at the beginning of March spending a week in Arizona watching the Giants Spring training.
View attachment 86361View attachment 86362View attachment 86362View attachment 86363
That view never gets old. Nice cook too.

I don't know what the rest of the party-goers are bringing, but I'm going to let the ol' Kenmore do one final smoke of some chicken legs before I finally replace it with an actual Weber next (we've been talking about this since Christmas, so who really knows when).

Everything has gone completely FUBAR! Kids are all still sick, Sandy’s son says he can’t do much more than stagger downstairs to get a tube of crackers and something to drink and climb back into bed, granddaughter is not a lot better than that. DIL is now showing signs of not being 100% either. Grandson, initial victim, says he feels pretty good. He was down four days!

Welp… The SmokeFire is suffering from E2 and E6. I fixed the E2, there were pellets in the fan keeping it from spinning. I replaced the glowplug, the E6 continues. I’m getting tired of this. I might abandon the SF and get an offset. The Kettle will have to do the heavy lifting today

Everything has gone completely FUBAR! Kids are all still sick, Sandy’s son says he can’t do much more than stagger downstairs to get a tube of crackers and something to drink and climb back into bed, granddaughter is not a lot better than that. DIL is now showing signs of not being 100% either. Grandson, initial victim, says he feels pretty good. He was down four days!
Oh I wish I was there to help. What is wrong with them?

Hypothetical question...............
If the woman of your household makes tons of plans and you are no longer available to cook for the Superbowl.......but maybe catch most of it on TV....because you get home about 7:00EST or so......should one.....

A) Be upset and stay quiet
B) Be upset and make sure everyone knows
C) Brush it off and try to make the Daytona 500 even more fun ( 1 week later and the Monday is a STAT day off work )

Just asking for a friend.
1707697514852.jpeg

Well, here is tonight’s dinner sans a few of the sides,
IMG_0915.jpeg

Tempered for two houses and under SPG,
IMG_0916.jpeg
And a beverage,
IMG_0917.jpeg
I believe I might just have a Jean Harlow while the roast works.
Sides, roast potatoes and peas.
Too bad it will just be the two of us! I think I will cut the cooked leftovers in to two pieces and freeze them, I can slice them for sandwiches later with the slicer!

I must say, once I got someone to come and share the feast it was quote lovely indeed! And I’ll admit, I’m working in first gear this morning. Nothing important on the docket so, I can take it as easy as possible!

Back