Super Bowl - what’s on the menu?

21 lb prime brisket is too much for our small gathering. This is on a 24x18 cutting board.

20240208_215545.jpg

6 lb point will be on the menu.

20240208_222904.jpg

Some fat for tallow. It looks like a lot, but it's a quarter sheet pan so the pic is deceiving.
20240208_223727.jpg

the flat may get brined for pastrami.

Let the woman of the house do what she wants. Tell her you'll have dinner ready at 7:00 when she returns. :D
While that sounds reasonable, everyone already knows this cannot be the way it goes down....
I have to select letter C ................
Not a real big NASCAR fan but it serves as an event.....therefore I must make goodies.....
I have some friends that will be guests that are fans of the cars driving in big circles.

So after 4 weeks of waiting, it will be the pulled pork tater skins........hopefully 2 rack of St. Louis and some grilled wings.......

Last edited:
Super Bowl Eve meal, A nice rack of baby backs in the PK. 32* and snowing. Perfect they will come out great. I like it when there is moisture in the air. And home made macaroni salad.
Sundays menu; one of our favorites Kraut Burgers. Which is hamburger fried up, then add cabbage & onions little bit of Bobs bacon, Make some bread dough. This time the wife will use a bread dough mix. Stuff the bread dough with the fixing above. Let rest & in the oven @ 350 for 15-20 mins. Man are they guud. Left over dough will be made into fresh cinnamon rolls with white icing for halftime treat. Its gonna be GUUD!
GO 9rs!!!
Cheers,
Russ

Hypothetical question...............
If the woman of your household makes tons of plans and you are no longer available to cook for the Superbowl.......but maybe catch most of it on TV....because you get home about 7:00EST or so......should one.....

A) Be upset and stay quiet
B) Be upset and make sure everyone knows
C) Brush it off and try to make the Daytona 500 even more fun ( 1 week later and the Monday is a STAT day off work )

Just asking for a friend.
Tough choices. Bottom line; happy wife, happy life

Sundays menu; one of our favorites Kraut Burgers. Which is hamburger fried up, then add cabbage & onions little bit of Bobs bacon, Make some bread dough. This time the wife will use a bread dough mix. Stuff the bread dough with the fixing above. Let rest & in the oven @ 350 for 15-20 mins. Man are they guud.
That sounds great! I'd like to see some pics, prep and all, please.

Well, a wrench has been thrown into the machinery! Kids are all down sick so the English style “Sunday Roast” planned for this evening has been sent packing! If they feel better tomorrow, I’ll simply do it then.
Standing roast beef
Braised red cabbage,
Roasted potatoes,
Roasted beets,
Beef and onion gravy using drippings,
Yorkshire puddings
Guinness
And…
CAKE!
Then, I was planning on using the beef for toasted beef and cheese sandwiches with horseradish sauce.
Since I don’t know what the health status will be, every step of this is in Limbo!
It might just turn into grilled cheese and guacamole with chips. Becks for the bevy! Oh well.
Wish me luck!
Remember, “Dinner without cake is just a meeting!” Julia Child

No TVs will be on, BUT, there will be 2 giant Tomahawk steaks on Big Z, along with a couple filet mignon asstd veg and what not. But no Super Bowl will be turned on

Larry I need you to watch that NINER magic!!
Honestly dislike football. Especially teams that mean nothing to my interests. Honestly have not really "watched" a football games since the bears won the SB. Living in Chicago at the time, and invited to a SB party with my wife's softball league it was kind of a "must do". Now if the Packers or Bears were there I might give it a glance or two. But that is about the extent of it

Honestly dislike football. Especially teams that mean nothing to my interests. Honestly have not really "watched" a football games since the bears won the SB. Living in Chicago at the time, and invited to a SB party with my wife's softball league it was kind of a "must do". Now if the Packers or Bears were there I might give it a glance or two. But that is about the extent of it
I myself do not watch or follow football. But after reading this, I have an image of Larry doing the "Superbowl shuffle" back in '85!

Back