Sunday Pot Roast

Robert T

TVWBB Guru
Decided to cook a nice warm pot roast in the recent harsh weather
image_zps5671193a.jpg

We are not getting it near as bad as the folks in the Midwest so I won't complain about the 9 above temp and sunshine. It finally quit snowing and the wind died down for now.
image_zpsdfaf2386.jpg

The sear
image_zps5f1cc452.jpg

Set up the grill for medium length cook at high temp
image_zpsedd568d0.jpg

All of the ingredients assembled
62fdda06-cb64-4b88-8146-94b6638c9296_zps8de9dfac.jpg

Foiled for the length of the cook
30d158f0-2a0b-4d17-888f-a022fc879918_zps4c060e07.jpg

Taken off the grill after 4.5 hours and rested 20 minutes, then transferred to platter
image_zpsa9c4c513.jpg

In the meantime heated some French bread
image_zps1c69496d.jpg

Plated. The roast was melt in your mouth tender and the veggies tasty as well.
image_zpsec886658.jpg

Thanks for looking. Stay warm!

That is a good looking plate of food! I've already had dinner and now I want more!

Thanks for sharing!

Barret

Nicely done, Robert. Pot roast is a childhood comfort food of mine, so I really enjoyed looking at your photos.

Love pot roast and yours looks really good, but never tried it on the grill, another must do.

Doing the pot roast on weber is great idea and bet it tasted great!!
Thanks for sharing.

Decided to cook a nice warm pot roast in the recent harsh weather
Plated. The roast was melt in your mouth tender and the veggies tasty as well.
image_zpsec886658.jpg

!
that is just beautiful..... that pot roast looks so tender and moist . I hope you had a nice glass of that Paisano with your dinner.

looks soooo good? Question........if you cover in foil throughout the whole cook, Does the weber really add any flavor? Would it have tasted the same in the oven? I know its more fun to do on the kettle but just wondering about the flavor...

There's that psychological flavor, Cory. Same reason I like to 'grill' pizza on my Genny: it's on a Weber, it tastes better.

Beautiful pot roast, Robert. The only thing missing is the horseradish. And me eatin' a plate :)

Last edited:
Corey you could cook it in the oven and get the same result. But it's not nearly as fun or rewarding. I like to cook outside with fire!

Back