Sunday HH Brisket.

Jason Noble

TVWBB All-Star
Been wanting to do a brisket for a while now but the beef prices are a little high. I was at Walmart earlier in the week when I noticed 6 packers all with sell by dates that were less that a week away. I talked to the butcher and he told that meat is marked down for the day at 6:30 am I formulated a plan to come back in a few days and try to score a brisket on markdown. (Yes I'm cheap) Well sure enough Sunday morning there were still two packers left and discounted. I bought the best looking of the 2 and hurried home and did a HH cook.

024 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

This was the thickest brisket I've ever cooked. I had to do a little trimming to get it on the 18.5. Used Meatheads beef rub.

029 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

Used Oak for the first time.

031 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

034 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

038 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

040 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

043 by wasatchbbq, on Flickr

Took around 7 hours total. I ran the smoker at 350-375 for most the cook. Really tasty rub, little bit of spice. I'm happy with how it turned out. Have a good week!

Spot on brisket Jason.
The wife ran into Walmart Thurs, said there were several briskets in the meat case. Went back Sat and there was one left. Was still almost $60.
But still want to fix one soon.

I got a special at walmart like that this summer----makes it a lot easier to chew :)

Jason;
I like yo!ur choice of meat, the price, the pictures, and especially, the finished brisket! It looks near PERFECT!!!

Good job!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Would love to try a brisket, but what they cost and just the two of us, just to pricey. But yours sure looks good!

Fantastic looking brisket!!! I hear ya on beef prices!! I want to try and dry age some beef but prices are just ridiculous right now so I'll just have to wait.

Back