Sunday Chicken

ChrisPM

TVWBB Fan
Well, it's not brisket but it was very good anyway. Been working for the last 16 days straight and have not had time to BBQ anything so I decided to do a roast chicken on the OTG tonight. Injected and marinated it with Newman's Own Herb & Roasted Garlic marinade, made gravy from the drippings and had Yukon Gold mashed potatoes with buttered baby peas. Wife said it was the best one yet!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChrisPM:
Wife said it was the best one yet! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wife don't lie!! I'm stuffed right now and I could put that plate away! Awesome!!

Gotta love that meal. I probably roast a chicken on the OTG once, at least, every 2 weeks.

just had the same dinner with a baked spud done on the grate. (buttered peas too)!

I like to chop a little celery and raw onion while it's cooking to have ready for a chicken salad with the leftovers. (usually one breast and a touch of dark meat after my wife and I have eaten dinner). Nice sandwich for lunch the next day!

Cheers.

looks great Chris
icon_smile.gif

Thanks Guys!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe InJersey:

I like to chop a little celery and raw onion while it's cooking to have ready for a chicken salad with the leftovers. (usually one breast and a touch of dark meat after my wife and I have eaten dinner). Nice sandwich for lunch the next day!

Cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Great idea Joe! I'll have to give this a try next time.

Great looking meal. Roasted chicken and mashed potatoes, a great comfort food meal right there. I haven't had peas in forever, need to make some soon.

Back