Sunday Afternoon Flat Irons

Steven A

TVWBB Super Fan
Today, I did my first flat iron steak. While I did like it a lot, I really cant say it was as good as I anticipated. That aside, I was a very delicious piece of beef.

Salted, peppered, and waiting for the grill.
IMG_7208.jpg

Sides: mashed 'taters and onions and mushrooms in a Guiness-cream sauce.
IMG_7209.jpg

A quick sear over direct heat. I didn't reverse sear this time. I'm always afraid that the meat will be too close to done, and I'll miss the sear.
IMG_7210.jpg

Medium rare and resting.
IMG_7211.jpg

Sliced and waiting for the plate.
IMG_7212.jpg

Guten apetit!
IMG_7213.jpg

Thanks for looking!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sure looks good to me Steven! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
mee tooo!

It does look good Steven. I've never seen a flatiorn with that much fat on it. I'll be doing another soon too and post.
icon_wink.gif

Looks fan-freeking-tastic from here.

I have to ask: what did you write on that bottle of Barefoot Merlot?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimK:
Looks fan-freeking-tastic from here.

I have to ask: what did you write on that bottle of Barefoot Merlot? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol. My daughter (she was 7 when she wrote it) wrote 'Medizin Schwedenkrauter". It's a German herbal remedy that my wife mixed in an empty wine bottle.

Fantastic meal. I would say you nailed medium rare. The mushrooms look yuummy. I will be doing a corned beef in guiness for st patties day.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A Moe:
Fantastic meal. I would say you nailed medium rare. The mushrooms look yuummy. I will be doing a corned beef in guiness for st patties day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that sounds good!

Back