Stuffed Pork Chops

Dan Godwin

TVWBB Member
My wife suggested a while ago about making stuffed pork chops, but going with a chicken wing theme with the stuffing and sauce. I was able to order some 2" thick bone-in pork chops at my local meat market. I used a boxed stuffing mix but went heavy on the celery and added crumbly blue cheese with the stuffing, and filled each pork chop to over flowing. I cooked them indirect for 45 minutes (would do less next time.. probably should've tried to use the thermometer) on the 18" redhead kettle with one chunk of pear wood and basted them with my homemade wing sauce a couple times during the last 15 minutes. My phone had died, so I hadn't planned on taking any photos, but my band mate showed up and took a couple photos before joining my wife and son for dinner. It was a hit, especially with more sauce for dipping, and we've already ordered more thick cut pork chops from the butcher. My son didn't try them, but I hope next time I'll get him to have at least a no-thank you bite. Homemade chicken noodle soup, grilled corn on the cob, and campfire marshmallows helped fill out the dinner. Here's the two photos.

buffalopork1.jpg

buffalopork2.jpg

Dan the little guy sure is cute. In a couple of years you'll have to make extra of those chops to keep up with his appetite! The chops look devine. Great crust and soft inside. Great job,

Back