Stubbs sauce or marinade

Grant Narita

TVWBB Fan
I have never tried either the sauce or marinade, but my local grocery has a buy one get one free sale on these. What do people think of these? Also, I have never used a marinade. Is this a good marinade to use, and what types of meats should I use it with? Thanks for your help.

I absolutely love Stubb's beef marinade. I personally think it's the best on the market. I use the marinade for my briskets and sometimes for my Tir-Tip. Also, I think their original BBQ sauce complements anything beef. Give it a shot! It would be interesting to hear your feedback.

I absolutely love Stubb's beef marinade. I personally think it's the best on the market. I use the marinade for my briskets and sometimes for my Tir-Tip. Also, I think their original BBQ sauce complements anything beef. Give it a shot! It would be interesting to hear your feedback.

If I ever use a store bought sauce its almost always Stubbs. I just picked up a bottle of Hickory Bourbon for some grilled smoked sausage and I thought it was pretty good. I'll have to try the marinade for beef.

Agree. Anything with the Stubbs label is going to be of high quality, even his briquettes, as most know.
Of all the mass-marketed brands Stubbs products have the best ingredient lists.
Never any high-fructose corn syrup, for example, in anything that I've checked.

I have a bottle of his Spicy Sauce and it's very good as a beef dipping sauce.
I don't use marinades other than my own for flanken ribs, but I'm sure you will be happy with the Stubb's products.

Last edited:
thanks. I'm thinking of getting the original sauce and the sweet spicy one, if they have it. I like spicy, but worried the spicy sauce may be too spicy (has habaneros in it). For marinade, I am thinking the chicken and beef marinades. Have done chicken many times on the grill but never tried a marinade with them. Of course, it also depends which one the store has.. may be a limited selection.

Big fan of the beef marinade, used the pork marinade on a shoulder and it also was pretty good. Not a fan of the chicken marinade though, but its a flavor thing for me. I only use them when I don't feel like making my own, but they never disappoint when I do.

I bought the original one and the sweet spicy one, since I like some spicy-ness but not too spicy. They didn't have any marinades unfortunately.

I just used the Stubb's pork rub and then the Sticky Sweet sauce on some spares last weekend for the first time. I really liked both. I think what I liked about the sauce is that it wasn't too thick. The family (read not me haha) likes Sweet Baby Ray's, and while it's not a bad sauce, I just find it's too thick. The Stubb's Sticky Sweet had a thinner consistency and I thought a great balance of sweet and other flavors.

I'm smoking ribs for a b-day/4th of July party, and I'm planning on sneaking that sauce to use. Haha.

We love the sauce. But folks who like really sweet sauces (yuk) like Sweet Baby Rays probably won't like it as much.

Stubb's is more on the tangy side. Not sweet at all.

As others noted, the spicy is really spicy.

Chris in LA is right on. Stubbs original sauce is on the tart vinegar side and a delicious alternative to the sweet red sticky stuff like SBR and most others.

I've got a bottle of Stubb's Sweet Heat and love it - I didn't think there was too much heat, but I love spicy food.

Back