Stubb's charcoal at Lowes $6 for 14 lb bag

Here's a last year's comparison from WKC.
Leftover Dry Ash Content Breakdown (bucket weight subtracted out):
Kingsford Comp: 5.9 oz
Trader Joes: 9.4 oz
Stubbs: 10.1 oz
Kingsford Blue Bag: 10.7 oz
The Kingsford Comp was the clear winner in this regard coming in at almost half that of the competitors. Once again the TJ’s Stubbs, And KBB came out very close on paper.
http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2015/08/09/charcoal-showdown/

I have no idea why the results are so different from different testers and users.
If I find the time I'll do one myself soon.

As I think it through, it may be more of a better "power rating" as well.
I will have more unburned briqs in my baskets after a cook with Stubbs as compared to KBB.

Stubbs is of higher quality, you just have to decide if it's worth the extra cost.

Briquette.
Walmart and Lowes carry it nation-wide.

I no longer see Stubbs in the 3 Walmart's near me. Seems as though they replaced it with the red bag Royal Oak Ridge twin packs. Lowes still carries Stubbs and I can verify it's on sale in Arlington, TX location.

Stubb's may be playing with our heads, too....
everyone believes that "100% natural" of ANYTHING is better than something with "caca" in it....

again, if the guy (or gal) that uses Kingsford likes Kingsford, if not only for the cost difference, good. Right?
and if the guy (or gal) that uses Stubb's and doesn't blink an eye at the extra cost for it, good too.... right?

so, everyone wins.

I love Stubbs. Don't care for the price, but i love it. And only buy multiple bags when on sale. Stubbs to me is like Ice Cream.
I rarely have it.

I love Kingsford. And only buy it on sale. Multiple bags. Big time multiple bags.
Planning on at least 40 this coming weekend. Kingsford to me is like water. I drink water (lots of it) everyday.

Anyway, the sale on Stubbs ends tomorrow at your local Lowe's store.

Stubb's may be playing with our heads, too....
everyone believes that "100% natural" of ANYTHING is better than something with "caca" in it....

again, if the guy (or gal) that uses Kingsford likes Kingsford, if not only for the cost difference, good. Right?
and if the guy (or gal) that uses Stubb's and doesn't blink an eye at the extra cost for it, good too.... right?

so, everyone wins.

I love Stubbs. Don't care for the price, but i love it. And only buy multiple bags when on sale. Stubbs to me is like Ice Cream.
I rarely have it.

I love Kingsford. And only buy it on sale. Multiple bags. Big time multiple bags.
Planning on at least 40 this coming weekend. Kingsford to me is like water. I drink water (lots of it) everyday.

Anyway, the sale on Stubbs ends tomorrow at your local Lowe's store.

I love KBB, but lately been loving Kcomp more and buy it on sale at Costco. Stubbs is fun to use and nice to see Lowes putting it on sale more often. I think they are learning that more people will buy it consistently if they put it on sale every Holiday. It's still a premium price, but worth it to some. What I do find interesting is Stubbs smokes more on start up vs KBB for me, but I see people post the opposite view all the time. I used Stubbs yesterday and thought the fire department would show up.

I'm new and have a but of KBB stockpiled, but couldn't resist trying the Stubbs. I picked up six bags at Lowe's yesterday.

Thanks for the heads-up.:)

FYI, I didn't think I was going to be able to make it to the store today in time to take advantage of the sale before it ends...just placed an order online for in-store pickup and I now have 4 days to go into the store and pick it up (at the sale price).

Thanks for the heads up on the Sales! I bought 10 bags of Stubbs from Lowe's last night. I've never used them before and can't wait to try them. I went to walmart to buy $5 bags of 16.6# Kingsford but there ad is miss leading. Online they show a bag of Kingsford but they are there generic brand briquettes, Beware.

Got my 2 bags of stubbs today. 6.99 .
then I went to lowes and saw 16 lb bags of royal oak for less and kicked myself in the butt.

Used Stubbs tonight on some chicken, I really liked it. To me it was hotter than KBB and just had a different feel to it. Seemed like quality stuff. I think it would do a nice job on a tri-tip and I'll save my 3 bags just for those.
That being said I use A LOT of charcoal and stock up big time on KBB when on sale. In fact I'll add to the pile tomorrow.

Back