Stock temp gauge?

Test it yourself:

Remove it from the lid, stick half the probe in boiling water.

212o is good. Hi or low or bang on?

Reinstall in lid and adjust the reading near the end of your cook by the amount of the error observed with the boiling water test.

Most people say the thermo's are off as much as 50 degrees but mine runs almost exact with the digiq dx at the top grate level. I was shocked and mine is a 2009.

Test it yourself:

Remove it from the lid, stick half the probe in boiling water.

Hand to forehead.... so I did just that, double checked the water temp with a Taylor digital known to be true. Just 2 degrees off. Thanks for the info all!

Hi Dave,

Yes, there have been lots of complaints about accuracy, as M. Ray wrote, but I'm sure Weber would say they're not trying to provide an instrument-grade thermometer, just one that gives you a fairly accurate sense of what's going on in the cooker. And you can always drill-out that hole in the lid for an instrument-grade replacement, if you want that level of accuracy. :)

Good luck!

Hi,

I've tested my three lid temp gauges and for me they are accurate enough.
One +3°C (26,6F), one -7°C (19,4F)and the last -3°C (37,4F) difference. All tested in boiling water and compared with a digital temp.

BUT all of them are steaming up. That's the reason why I own 3 gauges. Weber sent me always a replacement part. :)

Now I put them into the baking oven and heated them up to 350F. Now the issue seems to be solved. Will see what will happen next smoke ;-)

Most people say the thermo's are off as much as 50 degrees but mine runs almost exact with the digiq dx at the top grate level. I was shocked and mine is a 2009.
Ray, Ive noticed the same thing once the meat and everything heat up. There accurate enough to cook with.

Just my thoughts, but I don't think its the accuracy of the thermo that is the problem. I think it is the position in relation to the food and how much you have on the upper grate. My lid thermo will sometimes read higher than my Thermoworks and sometimes it will run lower.

Some cooks, if I open the lid, it will run higher and lower, so go figure.

Back