Steven Raichlen's BBQ U featured on Bobby Flay tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan Z

TVWBB Guru
Here's the lineup:

BBQ University
Chef Bobby Flay introduces us to some of the "freshman" class at Steven Raichlen's BBQ University. This class consists of people trying to improve their current grilling techniques to people wanting to learn new things and try new things they can take home

Recipes
Barbecued Okra
Beer Can Chicken with Cola Barbecue Sauce
Cedar Plank Salmon
Cinnamon-Grilled Peaches
Millionaire Brisket with Coffee and Beer Mop Sauce
Sesame Grilled Asparagus
Shrimp on Sugarcane with Rum Glaze

Maybe Steven will show him how to assemble a WSM..!

Tonight at 9 EST, tomorrow at 1 a.m., oct 23 at 7 p.m.

Yeah I know Susan, isn't that AWESOME. I was gonna start a post on this, but ya beat me to it.
icon_razz.gif
Looks like you got what they are doing and everything already, far more info than I have lol. *sighs*....as annoying as Bobby Flay is he does go and do some REALLY cool things, visiting the best Q joints in the country etc. It should be good I'll be watching as my 2 blade roasts are getting TASTY!!

Big Al

Joe, BBQ U host on PBS. He is a grilling and smoking master! Has a number of books out and obviously the TV show. He is also a big supporter of WEBER. I think every grill or smoker on the show is a WEBER, right Susan?!?!

He has a lot of good recipes and tips! Worth the watch if you get the channel!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Watson:
who is Steven Raichlen's ????? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>LOL!!

Sorry Joe..Thought you were joking
icon_cool.gif

Yeah, almost all are webers, as they're a big sponsor. But he's ecumenical in his approach, so you'll see the big green egg or the kamodo or even that darling little sportsmans cast iron lodge hibachi with a cute little door to the fire box so you can add fuel that i just HAD TO HAVE after he used it like...once?

Love that show! Raichlen sez next season they actually have a grill cam in the WSM (tho he said "bullet") and he'll do a brisket, so for all of us who felt gypped out of the promised time lapse brisket cook that never materialized this season, mebbe we've got something to look forward to!

Larry,

The only thing I joke about is pretending to be a skins fan.

Seriously, I have no clue to the guy is. does he have a web site? When does his show come on PBS?

I haven't got all of Raichlen's cookbooks, but his "Hi-Flavor, Low-Fat [some topic like Italian, Vegetarian, Mexican, etc.] cookbooks are quite good, as is his BBQ USA and BBQ Bible.

Richard

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Susan Z:
He's got a new book coming out on indoor grilling. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Susan, you have a name or date?

Should come out around Nov 12--- a month away! Called "Raichlen's Indoor! Grilling"---cover also sez there are 300 recipes. Woof!

Here's what the publisher's site sez:

Heat up the Foreman. Plug in your rotisserie! Make meals in your fireplace and start using that fancy range-top grill. In a marriage made in BBQ heaven, Steven Raichlen, America's grilling guru, brings his mastery of live-fire cooking to the world of indoor grilling. Now, neither snow nor rain nor gloom of apartment regulations will stay the cook from achieving spectacular grilled flavors.

In a contact grill (over 25% of American households own one, with 40 million Foremans alone sold since 1995), make Calgary Hot Wings; Pepper Jack Cheeseburgers with Slow-Burn Jalapeño; Moroccan Grilled Salmon; two dozen panini, cubanos, croque-monsieurs, and muffulettas; and Victory Chicken, the recipe that powered Steven Raichlen to his Iron Chef win. Expand the countertop rotisserie repertoire with Chinese Barbecued Spare Ribs, Leg of Lamb with Garlic Mint Wet Rub, Thai Thighs, and Maple and Cinnamon Spit-Roasted Sweet Potatoes. There are recipes for grill pans, indoor smokers, built-ins on upscale home ranges, and the most basic tool of all--the fireplace.

Sidebars show how to cook most recipes on alternative devices, and tips and techniques abound--how to turn a wok into an indoor smoker, brush bread with olive oil for true crisp-crusted panini, and pick the perfect "grilling" banana--to cook perfectly on a contact grill.

Indoors--it's the new outdoors.

http://www.workman.com/catalog/pagemaker.cgi?076113588X

Yup, that was once featured in my post "Can you find the WSM in this picture?" to which Tony Ventura responded, "There she is in the corner. Musta got caught smokin."

STILL cracks me up! (and I stole it once!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back