Standing rib roast anyone?

S.Six

TVWBB All-Star
So my father picked up a rib roast on sale, and I had to try the "Montreal steak seasoning" recipe from tvwb. Injected it with beef broth and
W sauce.
DSCN3682_zps78f4f3ac.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Here it is on the wsm. Ready to get smoked in some oak.
DSCN3684_zpsddd658dc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Just carved into it! Let it get to 134IT, pulled it and let it rest 15min.
Very juicy and delicious! This was a first for me too, Great piece of meat! To bad they cost so much.

Looks great and cooked perfect. Did of get much flavor by injecting with beef broth. I am looking for how to get more "seasoning" flavor into the middle

Looks great and cooked perfect. Did of get much flavor by injecting with beef broth. I am looking for how to get more "seasoning" flavor into the middle
Since I've only done one of these I don't have anything to compare it to. I don't think injecting can hurt anything though. On a side note: The Montreal steak seasoning had pretty darn good flavor, it had a good peppery, spicy, and saltiness that worked very well with the beef. It was my first time using that as a rub for a smoke, and I think I would use it again. I see brisket in the near future.

Last edited:
Excellent prime rib! One of my favourites, usually goes for $4.99/lb around Easter here so we stock up on a couple around then.

Since I've only done one of these I don't have anything to compare it to. I don't think injecting can hurt anything though. On a side note: The Montreal steak seasoning had pretty darn good flavor, it had a good peppery, spicy, and saltiness that worked very well with the beef. It was my first time using that as a rub for a smoke, and I think I would use it again. I see brisket in the near future.

Great Cook. :)
You've got to go a long way to beat Montreal Steak Spice. I've used on brisket all by itself and I will add it to some rubs I make. I also put it my meatloaf.

Awesome rob roast and I agree with you on the Montreal Steak Seasoning. We also out it on veggies now and then. Try it!

Back