Spring is finally here.

Andy Kaminski

TVWBB Pro
How are you all fairing weather wise?
Are some of you still in winter?
I bet the flowers are blooming just about everywhere.

We are just getting out of the harsh weather thankfully.
Tending that wood stove and fetching wood from out in the cold was kinda getting to be a drag.
It’s so much nicer seeing the flowers bloom.

We picked this place for the view, outdoor activities and that 85f is considered a heat wave.
I’m dumping my other place due to it’s unbearable summer heat.

Lately we have been blessed with low to mid 70’s with minimal clouds and no wind.
Our sunrises and sunsets are currently about perfect.
During the summer they are not so perfect.
It will be light outside from about 4:30am - 10:00pm.
Doesn’t seem like a big deal but I had to get blackout shades for my room.

Our place is somewhat of a destination/vacation place for our group.
Very soon we will start getting family/friends and friends of family/friends spending some of their holiday time here.
This will actually start next weekend.
We even have a calendar on the fridge to schedule them so we don’t get crowded but we enjoy our group so we kinda like it.

This was about 5:45 this morning shortly after I started a cook.
I’m glad winter is finally over for us 👍.IMG_4768.jpeg

Last edited:
It's definitely spring here. Everything is greening up, the rhododendrons are in full bloom. It's nearly a month too early.

I've been talking with my brother back on the family farm/orchards in MI. I don't know if his cherries have started to bloom yet, they should stay dormant for at least another 3 weeks or so. There's still a real risk of frost in the next few weeks, we have frost warnings in the next couple of days. Then again.... if the entire crop freezes out, he'll apply a cover spray and call it a vacation year.

Cherries in full bloom with Dad, 2004
IMG_0339.jpg

How are you all fairing weather wise?
Are some of you still in winter?
I bet the flowers are blooming just about everywhere.

We are just getting out of the harsh weather thankfully.
Tending that wood stove and fetching wood from out in the cold was kinda getting to be a drag.
It’s so much nicer seeing the flowers bloom.

We picked this place for the view, outdoor activities and that 85f is considered a heat wave.
I’m dumping my other place due to it’s unbearable summer heat.

Lately we have been blessed with low to mid 70’s with minimal clouds and no wind.
Our sunrises and sunsets are currently about perfect.
During the summer they are not so perfect.
It will be light outside from about 4:30am - 10:00pm.
Doesn’t seem like a big deal but I had to get blackout shades for my room.

Our place is somewhat of a destination/vacation place for our group.
Very soon we will start getting family/friends and friends of family/friends spending some of their holiday time here.
This will actually start next weekend.
We even have a calendar on the fridge to schedule them so we don’t get crowded but we enjoy our group so we kinda like it.

This was about 5:45 this morning shortly after I started a cook.
I’m glad winter is finally over for us 👍.View attachment 89702

Your across the lake pictures never get old for me.......
Reminds me of the Okanagan region in southern British Columbia.

Darryl, I’m 40 kilometers from Victoria so it’s almost Southern British Columbia.
We jokingly call it the lake or pond but I have seen video of orca in my backyard on YouTube.
I’ve personally have never seen them but one day I will check that off the list.

As far as this spring goes this is an early spring for us and I’m not sure if we are completely out of the woods yet.
Wasn’t too long ago that we were in a snow storm driving to the airport and I’d wager we’ve had snow in April since we’ve been here.

I just hope an early spring for us doesn’t do anything bad for us later like with crops or fire issues.

Back