Spirit 2 E-310 vs MM Series Pro 4 burner

AndresC-AZ

Hello!
I am in the market for a grill to buy for my mother-in-law who just recently bought a new house and I would like to buy her a grill to go along with her house.

It’s just her and her 21 year old son, I’d likely use this grill too when there’s parties and get together to grill.

Personally, I love Weber and have a Genesis 2 e-410 and I love it.

I think we can all agree that Weber grills aesthetically leave little to be desired. Atleast in the price point I’m looking.

Anyway, both the grills are relatively the same price, but the MM looks so fancy.

Am I over thinking this? Should I just stay loyal to Weber, or get a “nicer” looking grill and go for the MM?
Warranty wise, I'm not worried about that.

My mother in law and her son aren’t grill enthusiasts or care much about heat retention and all that, they do however like the finer things in life.

There is a (like new) Weber for $200 I can pick up, also at their old place they were renting they were using an old char-broil (I did not like using it at all)

Price aside….

Thoughts, opinions?

Hello!
I am in the market for a grill to buy for my mother-in-law who just recently bought a new house and I would like to buy her a grill to go along with her house.

It’s just her and her 21 year old son, I’d likely use this grill too when there’s parties and get together to grill.

Personally, I love Weber and have a Genesis 2 e-410 and I love it.

I think we can all agree that Weber grills aesthetically leave little to be desired. Atleast in the price point I’m looking.

Anyway, both the grills are relatively the same price, but the MM looks so fancy.

Am I over thinking this? Should I just stay loyal to Weber, or get a “nicer” looking grill and go for the MM?
Warranty wise, I'm not worried about that.

My mother in law and her son aren’t grill enthusiasts or care much about heat retention and all that, they do however like the finer things in life.

There is a (like new) Weber for $200 I can pick up, also at their old place they were renting they were using an old char-broil (I did not like using it at all)

Price aside….

Thoughts, opinions?

I would go for a used Weber. There are used grills priced from $0 to $300 that are fully functional in most markets if you shop around. Weber does a good job providing replacement parts and plenty of companies provide aftermarket parts

The used Weber sounds like the way to go if it's a Genesis. You're going to have to cook on it and I think you would be disappointed with both the Spirit and the Members Mark ( Nexgrill) after cooking on a Genesis grill.

The used Weber sounds like the way to go if it's a Genesis. You're going to have to cook on it and I think you would be disappointed with both the Spirit and the Members Mark ( Nexgrill) after cooking on a Genesis grill.
Ahh, I had no idea members mark grill were nexgrill. That’s another brand I was not impressed with when I borrowed one from a friend.

The used grill is a Spirit. But knowing it’s nexgrill, I’ll just look for a used Weber. I’ve purchased many Webers and flipped them before. So I’ll just do it again, but no flip.

Thank you and the one above for the opinions.

Ahh, I had no idea members mark grill were nexgrill.
They are not. They're made by an independent company. Many by a company called Winner International. A good used REAL Genesis though is IMO the epitome. I don't consider 2011 on to be real Genesis though.
One thing a MM will give you is top notch warranty, they've REALLY stepped up their support to top notch, and you have the Member's Mark guarantee. Not something to be taken lightly. Buy new, save the receipt, and if a few years down the road you're unhappy, bring it back and get a refund. Try that with a new Weber.
But, for pure cooking pleasure a good old EW Genesis is top notch. Guarantee or not, and if I were to want another gas grill it's where I would look first or would buy one from one of our famed rehabbers like Bruce or Jon, before anything new

My. 02

I'd avoid a Spirit front control without a sear burner. Not enough heat output.

I've cooked on three burner East west x000s, three burner silver Bs, east west 300 series and front control 300 series

My preference is 3 burner front control plus a sear burner like a 2011 to 2016 E330. It's a great grill with lots of direct heat on the sear burner side.

I rarely use my Genesis 1000 and that's my second favorite. I think I've used it twice in the last year.

Blah blah blah...

I'd grab a used genny before buying a Spirit.

Last edited:

Back