Spicy Sriracha Wings

Kaz S

TVWBB Pro
Here's my attempt for the challenge pit.

If I can get photobucket to co-operate.

Spicy Sriracha Garlic Stuffed Chicken Wings

I've made these several times now, but never posted them to the board for some reason?!?

These crispy chicken wings get their heat from Sriracha, the Thai hot sauce that is my favorite condiment in the world.

Tha Playas!

5lbs chicken wings - trimmed
30 or so garlic cloves

Rub

2 T whole coriander seeds
2-3 T weber's Kick'n Chicken
2-3 T cooking oil

Sauce

1/3 cup Sriracha
3/4 stick melted butter
finely grated zest & juice from 2 limes
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 T instant mash potatoes - to thicken

When I first started making these I would just use a sliver of garlic, but decided that to taste the garlic over the Sriracha fire I wanted more Garlic! So I started using the whole clove. It cooks with the wing and melts into the chicken like Butta! turning the wing Into some sort of incredible flavor combo that just makes your tongue wanna hop out and shake your hand.

Start out by making a slit.

photo-58.jpg

And then stuff in a clove, here it is halfway in.

photo-65.jpg

Then add the rub

photo-59.jpg

And make the spicy sauce!

photo-60.jpg

Cooked on the top rack of the WSM direct over the coals. No water pan or lower rack. Used lump charcoal and a handful or two of that Kingsford Mesquite charcoal to even out the lump and give some extra smoke flavor.

photo-61.jpg

Then added some cheese fries for my side, cause i like 'em.

photo-62.jpg

After the wings were done I tossed them in the Spicy Sriracha sauce.

photo-63.jpg

And plated these bad boys up.

photo-64.jpg

Man alive! These were good! I hope u enjoy. I thought there were fantastic. Had a
Nice little crunchy outside and a soft moist inside. Spicy, garlicky delicious! I've subbed Sambel Oelek before and it's just as good. Try it for yourself.

Outstanding !!! I have been looking to get more garlic flava into my wings and I will be stealing this idea.. I am intrigued by the mashed potatoes, does this do anything to flavor or consistency of the sauce or just thicken it.? I am sure it is ok or it wouldn't be ur entry

Just thickens it, it's not enough to affect the flavor, you could use xanthem gum or corn starch, but this is what I had and used it.

Thanks Kurt!

Back